current version board...

rivenagares

May 12, 2011
fracturedminds.net
hey guys, i'm new to the forum so don't crucify me if what im asking is public knowledge.

i made the mistake of updating my i4 before getting the balls to jailbreak/unlock it. so now i'm stuck with modem: 04.10.01

so i'm not doing any other upgrades until they can unlock it. i still have 4.3.2. so i guess after all this rambling the question is whether or not there is a place i can see the most current jailbreak/unlock available so i can know when its time to free my phone.

thanks in advance.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Go to iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials and look at tutorials, iPhone you will have both Jailbreak and Unlock. They have had the same basebands unlockable for quite awhile. So you might be waiting for a LONG time. It might be easier to just Jailbreak the phone put it up for sale and buy one that either is unlocked or has an unlockable baseband.

rivenagares

May 12, 2011
fracturedminds.net
wow does it usually take that long to break a baseband? how long has 04.10.01 been out?

the other option i would have is getting that gevey card i keep reading about, so i'd rather do that than sell the phone. (i think)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure how hard it is but I don't think there has been a change in forever. The last big change was when they said they could use the iPad baseband. I've heard the Gevey card works but you do have to call emergency numbers so you might want to check into it before buying it.

KBug

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
My friend just got an iPhone 4 with baseband 04.10.01 and it's locked, and are you telling me that it can't be unlocked for now ??

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Dev-Team Blog

Where you go for JB and unlock info. And, the last baseband (1.59) to be unlock on iPhone 4 came with firmware 4.0.2 in August 2010. Since then, every official update => baseband upgrade, can't not be unlock (with Ultrasnow).

mgregg99

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
My friend just got an iPhone 4 with baseband 04.10.01 and it's locked, and are you telling me that it can't be unlocked for now ??

I picked up a Gevey card yesterday and it works flawlessly on my iPhone 4 running 04.10.01 with iOS 4.3.2. Right now this is the only unlock option, but it's easy enough to do if you're not too stingy to pay for it. Worth every penny IMO.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods