Experiment?

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,

This is actually the first time that I have posted a new thread, versus giving replies and helping out my fellow Apple fanboys/fangirls.

So, here it goes. I'm not exactly thrilled with the crap battery life that I'm getting with 4.3.3. It may be a placebo type thing.. like.. it's all made up in my head. But, I've decided that I'm going to do Set Up As New Phone in iTunes and then re-install all of my apps. All I need to figure out is how to save my progress in Angry Birds.

My question is.. is there a program that will save all of my contacts and pictures/etc, and then restore them back to the phone (w/o iTunes)? I found iPhone Backup Extractor.. but that doesn't do the restore part.

Any help is appreciated. :)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Before you reload your phone, do you have a custom lockscreen set active in Winterboard? If so then charge the phone tonight or whatever and de-activate the lockscreen see how your battery performs. I did a post in the other JB forum about how lockscreens suck battery power.

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Before you reload your phone, do you have a custom lockscreen set active in Winterboard? If so then charge the phone tonight or whatever and de-activate the lockscreen see how your battery performs. I did a post in the other JB forum about how lockscreens suck battery power.

Hmm.. interesting. I've got a 'normal' lockscreen, though. It's part of the CarbonX HD package. It basically just changed the battery while it's charging, and the slider is different. Nothing fancy.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
hmmmm it's still worth a try, but is the slider separate in Winterboard or is it part of the overall theme? I'm guessiing it's part of the theme. You don't have OpenSSH installed do you?

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
hmmmm it's still worth a try, but is the slider separate in Winterboard or is it part of the overall theme? I'm guessiing it's part of the theme. You don't have OpenSSH installed do you?

It's part of the overall theme. I never even thought about OpenSSH! I do have it installed, and it's always on. I just turned it off and my phone is charging now. I'll see how it fares. You just possibly cured iPhone dilemma cancer. ha

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Well OpenSSH is the easiest way to eat up your battery and it's on by default if you reboot that is when I tend to forget to yurn it off right away. So I would suggest open your App Switcher and close everything. Then plug it in to the power and after turn it off and let it charge for four or so hours. Then remember to turn OpenSSH off when you boot up and see how it goes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner