JB and unlock iphone 3gs MC 4.2.1 BB 05.15.04

marcellusf

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi everybody,

I get a question that i haven't found an answer yet.

I have an iphone 3gs MC 4.2.1 BB 05.15.04 (i need to unlock it) and i wanna know if i upgrade my BB to 06.15 (unlockable) and use redsnow to do the JB and the BB upgrade, is there any chance to have a UNtethered JB??? if is not becouse my IOS 4.2.1, is there any chance to downgrade to 4.1 and have untethered JB???

I was wondering if i use greenpoison to do the untethered JB on 4.2.1 then redsnow only to do the BB upgrade, does it work???

If im not being clear enough, pls tell me and i will try to be more specific (english is my second language) :)

Thank you guys so much ;)

Marcellus

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
yes you really have me confused here :confused: what firmware is your phone on now? I'm guessing you're on Windows because you're talking about using redsn0w to do the 6.15 baseband. However once the baseband is on the phone you can continue to upgrade the firmware by using Pwnage Tool(Mac) or Sn0wbreeze(Windows) and there are versions right up to the current 4.3.3 So I would say get your phone onto the iPad baseband and then just go to the 4.3.3 firmware. Also you do know about the cautions of doing the iPad baseband right?

WARNING ? YOU DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! PLEASE UNDERSTAND THE CONSEQUENCES OF UPDATING TO 06.15.
1. There is no way to come back down from 06.15, and there?s no hiding the baseband version from Apple. You?ll be voiding your warranty in a very obvious way.
2. If some future baseband comes out with a critical fix, you won?t be able to update to it if it remains down in the 05.xx sequence (then again, you wouldn?t update to it if you wanted to keep your unlock anyway).
3. Starting with FW 4.2.1 if you have 06.15 on your iPhone you won?t ever be able to restore to stock firmware (it will fail). You?ll need to only restore to custom IPSWs (then again, if you?re unlocker you should already be doing that).

Go here iClarified - Tutorials - iPhone and go to Jailbreak you will find the methods for different versions of firmware. Then go to Unlock when you're ready to perform the unlock.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73