Ease of Unjailbreaking

E_man#CB

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking to buy a friends original iPad, and he's letting me borrow it for a little bit to make sure I want it. I really want to jailbreak it, but I won't if it's not easily revertible.

mg48

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
All you have to do is hook up to iTunes and hit restore. All done. Factory defualts are restored like the jailbreak never happened.

Reactions: E_man#CB

E_man#CB

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I just want to bump with a few questions. He is thinking I might like it if he keeps all his apps on their while I decide if I want to buy to get a better idea of what I like. Can I create a backup of that image, and restore to it? Or only factory defaults. Question 2: This one isn't strictly about jailbreaking, but I already have this thread, so here it goes. Is there a problem having apps from his iTunes account on an iPad that I'm actively using my iTunes account?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Unless you sync with his computer once you try to sync it will wipe out his apps. You can log out his iTunes account on the iPad and login with your own to buy apps etc. How long are you going to have it before you decide if you want to keep it? If it's only a day or two I would say why bother JB it? especially if you decide you don't want it. It just seems like a lot of work if you decide you don't want it.

Reactions: E_man#CB

E_man#CB

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I'll probably have it for at least a week. I come from android, and quite honestly, there is a lot about iOS that will take some getting used to, so he and I know I kind of need some real testing. Is there anyway to sync to my iTunes without wiping his stuff out?

It's only been gathering dust since he got the iPad 2 anyway :p

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OK in that case go to iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials and look in Tutorials, iPad and find the version of firmware on the iPad and get the tool to JB it. You can sync without wiping the stuff off by unchecking the things you want to keep. So for example go to Settings, Store and log out of his account then login with your own. Then when you hook it up to iTunes just uncheck sync music, apps, etc. Then leave the sync of the bookmarks, email, address book if that's what you want. You'll need to buy using your account through the App Store app on the device and that way you can sync and have both stuff on there. If you have your own music then you'll need to get a program to extract the music from the device otherwise you will either lose the music you buy if something happens or you'll wipe out his music if you do a sync.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW