iOS 4.3.3/4.2.8 jailbreak with sn0wbreez 2.7 Step by step Guide

vdubguy18

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Two quick questions if someone doesn't mind helping me out....

When I do the JB with this is it going to restore my phone to factory with JB or will it just JB and retain all of my current content on the phone?

This is tethered correct so if I reboot the phone I lose the JB? Or am I not understanding the whole tethered and untethered?

Thanks a lot ahead of time!!

PsYcHoNeWb

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Two quick questions if someone doesn't mind helping me out....

When I do the JB with this is it going to restore my phone to factory with JB or will it just JB and retain all of my current content on the phone?

This is tethered correct so if I reboot the phone I lose the JB? Or am I not understanding the whole tethered and untethered?

Thanks a lot ahead of time!!

This will be back to factory default basically just with jailbreak and cydia app.

This is untethered meaning that u can reboot your phone without having to worry about loosing your jailbroken apps. I rebooted mine before and nothing changed.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Question, i did the whole jailbreak correctly, but do i restore from the previous backup or set up as a new iPhone because i dont want to lose any of my other information, i still want all my apps, music and contacts.
Edit: I restored from previous backup and all is well!

Last edited:

vdubguy18

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I can't figure out the IPSW....I dl'd the 4.2.8 file but it doesn't contain that file. Am I in the wrong place ? Help please.....

I also redownloaded the IPSW directly from the link in snowbreez still no luck....

Last edited:

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm on a 3GS old bootrom that was already on 4.3.3. Downloaded snowbreeze and the 4.3.3 file and went through the hole process and chose restore from custom file snowbreeze made and I was on a recovery mode (itunes plug in screen) and got error 1603. So I'm gonna try the process again.

Josh

phessler

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Just finishing up the JB. Worked like a charm once I followed ALL of the directions. Thanks for this thread it really made it easy.

One thing that wasn't apparent to me at first was to begin with iTunes closed, then everything worked great.

tres

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting an error in itunes saying that "The Iphone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (21). I've tried it three times. I'm gonna be very disapointed if I can't figure this out!! I rely heavly on many of the tweaks....

I have the latest itunes, and got the ipsw from the place listed. Running att 4.3.3 on ip4

Last edited:

Cyder

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Attempted to JB my verizon 4.2.8 with snowbreeze on a PC following these steps. Everything works great until I have to go through the itunes steps. When I start itunes it lets me know I am in recovery mode. I left shift click on the restore button and select the snowbreeze file. However when itunes attempts to extract the software, it is giving me an error(11) stating I am unable to restore this iphone.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Was hoping to jailbreak my phone this weekend but so far im on my 6th restore back to stock.

SlammerC

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying on and off now for a week to jb my verizon phone only to keep getting the same error (14) message halfway through the restore process...can anybody please offer any suggestions? Thanks

bellizima

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I got mine done..att 4.3.3 and the battery drain is horrible..same apps as before but not sure why its draining so fast...all i really use it for is bite sms...sbssettings is nice but could live w out.

Lock info is cool but rarely updates the home screen w added appts from my desktop via wireless sync on gmail exchange.

Random crashes and the sort is making me re thing jailbreak. just wish new i0s5 would allow to reply to a text right from screen of app u r in..

Oh well...damn thing is so darn boring not jailbroken

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711