Trying to clear all personal info and connection

eddyygee

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Trying to clear all personal info and connection to my itunes with my JB itouch 3rd Gen. running 3.1.3. Im selling it tonight and the buyer wants it JB with the apps, but im wondering is there a way to get all links to me gone and for the user to add and remove music in the future???

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Sure hook it up to iTunes and uncheck everything you sync this will remove it from the device. Then go to settings, Store and click on your account and click log out. Then remove your email accounts and go to Safari and clear the history, cookies, and cache. Then go into Cydia and uninstall any apps you don't want to leave on it. I'm not sure how you paid for the Cydia stuff but if it asks for a password I wouldn't swea it. Then reboot the device and try to go to the app store to make sure it logged your account off.

maxburn

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Imo the best way and the only way i know of to erase everything and unlink it from your itunes account if you are jailbreaking is to just restore it and when the connect itunes logo comes up just unplug it and turn it off, ready to sell. Whoever buys it will want to link it to their itunes account anyway.

The idean is that the erase all settings thing on a jailbroken device is pretty likely to make it not boot up. But if you arent jailbroken this is the way to go.

maxburn

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
. Im selling it tonight and the buyer wants it JB with the apps, but im wondering is there a way to get all links to me gone and for the user to add and remove music in the future???

No, the apps are tied to your itunes account only. The legit app store apps follow you and whatever device you are using. I don't think it is advised to hand over your whole itunes account either, apple will think it was hacked and lock it maybe.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2