Verizon 4.2.8 Jailbreak waiting room.......

iRooney

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Damn that pharmaceutical garbage is getting on my nerves. Anywho, to people who had an issue with sn0wbreeze where it kept popping up some Windows exe failure and then left you stuck with the apple boot logo until the end of time....ih8sn0w uploaded a revised version of sn0wbreeze to fix the issue. File name should be sn0wbreeze-v2.7r2.zip when you download it. Previous version lacked the r2 in the filename. Jailbreak works like a charm, by the way....and it may just be me but it seems quicker than 4.2.7 (possibly due to the lack of a giant location cache).

Sidenote to mods on these forums....there should be some method of CAPTCHA or email verification before new members can posts....that would kill the spamming...or at least curb it.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
There is a captcha and email verification. Believe me, it does curb the spam. You don't see 75% of it.

When you do see it - report it. Mentioning it in the thread won't make it go away. There's a nice little icon in the upper right hand corner of each post that you can click on to report.

Damn that pharmaceutical garbage is getting on my nerves. Anywho, to people who had an issue with sn0wbreeze where it kept popping up some Windows exe failure and then left you stuck with the apple boot logo until the end of time....ih8sn0w uploaded a revised version of sn0wbreeze to fix the issue. File name should be sn0wbreeze-v2.7r2.zip when you download it. Previous version lacked the r2 in the filename. Jailbreak works like a charm, by the way....and it may just be me but it seems quicker than 4.2.7 (possibly due to the lack of a giant location cache).

Sidenote to mods on these forums....there should be some method of CAPTCHA or email verification before new members can posts....that would kill the spamming...or at least curb it.

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Everytime I try to jailbreak I get iTunes error 11. Sn0wbreeze seems to be fine. Don't know what to do. Any ideas? Thanks. Had the same issue with 4.2.7. Did tethered and then the Cydia fix. 4.2.6 was a snap with Greenp0ison.

codeblue

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Hello new to the forum but I've had a successful jailbreak of verizon 4.2.8. Ive used redsn0w_mac_0.9.6rc14 to successfully jailbreak verizon iphone 4.2.8. How To Untethered Jailbreak iOS 4.2.8 On Verizon CDMA iPhone 4 Using Redsn0w 0.9.6 RC14. No crashes although you have to run redsnow twice. The first time to install cydia. the 2nd time as tethered boot.

munchkinsdad

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
OK, so I JB'd my other iPhone because its new and hadn't been JB'd yet with Sn0wbreeze. it was a cinch. But I have never Jb'd an already jb'd iphone. I backed up in itunes and backed up my cydia apps.

What I want to know is... I need to start fresh with the update 4.2.8 right?
When do I retore all my settings from itunes? after I JB with Sn0wbreeze or after?

Thanks!

beto89

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
OK, so I JB'd my other iPhone because its new and hadn't been JB'd yet with Sn0wbreeze. it was a cinch. But I have never Jb'd an already jb'd iphone. I backed up in itunes and backed up my cydia apps.

What I want to know is... I need to start fresh with the update 4.2.8 right?
When do I retore all my settings from itunes? after I JB with Sn0wbreeze or after?

Thanks!

I backed up my iphone on itunes, then did the jb with snowbreeze, then did a restore on itunes. Everything is working fine and am back to normal.