Update to 4.3.2 jailbreak questions for new jailbreaker

Keithski

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
The first opportunity to experience the freedom that jailbreaking provides is when I jailbroke my iphone 4 back on version 4.2.1. I did it with the help of Greenpoison and it worked flawlessely. I have been able to download some great apps and fully customize the look of my phone.

My question is if I update my phone to the newest version - 4.3.2 - and jailbreak it using snowbreeze - do I loose all my apps that I've already paid for and downloaded through Cydia and the custom layouts?? Since those are NOT backed up in iTunes - how do I get them back?? I'm sure there is a thread/post somewhere in this forum - I would greatly appreciate any feedback or help with this before I dive into updating my phone to the newest version. Thank you!!

iRandom

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
You will loose all of your Cydia apps anytime you upgrade. To get them back all you have to do is just reinstall them in Cydia once you've rejailbroken. Since you've purchased certain apps in Cydia, you should be able to redownload them for free.

Also, if you don't use an unlock, update your iPhone through iTunes then jailbreak with redsn0w 0.9.6rc14.

Last edited:

Keithski

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Thank you for this information - it is helpful. In my jailbreak infancy I have not had the opportunity to "Rejailbreak" my phone and I just want sure what happens on the other side of the jailbreak and if there was something extra I needed to do to save or back up my Cydia purchased themes and programs.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You can backup your themes and Winterboard tweaks. You have to SSH into your phone. If you don't know what that is search for OpenSSH on here there are links. So once you get into your phone go to var/stash/Themesxxx and download that folder to your computer. Then once you're JBen again just SSH the folder back to the same location. You upload the contents of the Themesxxx folder not the Themes folder itself. Each time you JB the numbers appended to the Themes folder will change. So it will not have the same name which is why you don't upload the Themesxxx folder but the content.

Reactions: Keithski

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods