Cydia login with Google Two-Step Authentication

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Just curious if anyone has any experience with this? If I have two-step enabled on my gmail account, can I still use it as a Cydia ID?

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Here is exactly what mine says. Under Cydia Login... "You must authenticate yourself in order to use this Cydia feature"... Then it gives me two choices, Connect with Facebook or Sign in with Google. There is no second step.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Here is exactly what mine says. Under Cydia Login... "You must authenticate yourself in order to use this Cydia feature"... Then it gives me two choices, Connect with Facebook or Sign in with Google. There is no second step.

No, you're still talking about the Cydia login...I'm talking about your Google account. Google offers something called Two-Step Verification to make your account more secure from hacking. Basically, whenever your account is accessed from a new location, you have to enter both your username and password AND a verification code that is generated on your iPhone via a special Google app. That way, even if someone gets a hold of your name and password, they will still be locked out of your account.

I'm trying to figure out if anyone is using that service on the account they use to sign in to Cydia.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
When i set up my Google account, i don't remember being offered a two step verification, but it does seem more secure. Sorry that i couldn't help.

TylerC161

May 3, 2011
Visit site
You have to either use one of your backup codes, or have a text preview long enough that you can see the message from 'send a text to backup phone'; in my case with MobileNotifier it does not provide a long enough preview. I had to use one of those ten backup codes. They're available in your Google 2 Step Verification settings if you didnt print them out like me.

Hopefully this helps you. I signed up here just to tell you that, since I spent the last hour avoiding my girlfriend trying to log into cydia instead. :)

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up. I wonder if you're going to have to keep using your one-time codes for Cydia...I was hoping it might take an app-specific password like the iphone mail app does. I'd rather not use another backup code every 30 days.

Miguel Petersen

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Google have a bug in there OpenID/*System billing*/.profile_manegment :) hope that could help, we will fix it as soon as possible :) sorry for it =) our database broked down and we try moving files to our new server so we diffrently have some errors still :)

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I have the Two-Step Authentication for my Google Account and it does work without any problems in Cydia. You just have to enter the code which you get by SMS in the screen where you did the Login. You have to enter the code quickly without leaving cydia by seeing the code in the SMS notification banner :p

Romel Arias

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
i try so many times to log in, in facebook and google account correctly, but still they POP the Q: WHY IS MY PURCHASE NOT ON THE LIST

Jemmy Yosanto1

Dec 22, 2019
Visit site
Just curious if anyone has any experience with this? If I have two-step enabled on my gmail account, can I still use it as a Cydia ID?
Everytime i want to sign in with my goggle account i got this massage :
( For reasons as yet undetermined I cannot identify your device. Are you using a desktop web browser?!? )

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner