Need some JB help

korp#IM

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
So I am trying to JB my VIP4. I am trying to use the new version of Snowbreeze untethered and have gone through the program to make an IPSW, then when I go into iTunes only once I had the snowbreeze loader show up on my phone but then it did not fully boot up. Most of the times when I try to do the restore it says 1600 error or 21 error.

Any ideas?

korp#IM

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I can get it to the screen where it says plug into iTunes but the phone is not booting up. Am I missing a step here?

chriscoleman

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I can get it to the screen where it says plug into iTunes but the phone is not booting up. Am I missing a step here?

At that point, you need to open iTunes, plug your phone in, allow it to connect, then hold down the shift key and click restore. You will then need to select the file that Sn0wbreeze saved (your desktop). iTunes will restore your phone with 4.2.7 in a jailbroken state.

Hope this helps

korp#IM

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I tried that it just didn't want to restore for some reason. I ended up doing a full restore and then when it was complete I just started the JB from scratch and it worked fine. I am now up and running again.

Thanks.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
No it will not work you are in recovery mode. The phone needs to be in DFU mode that is the only way it will work. Do a search on putting it into DFU mode. Then put it in DFU mode and open iTunes, it will tell you there is a device in recovery mode that is when you do Shift+Restore and point to your custom ipsw.

Sorry didn't realize you got it running glad to hear :D

korp#IM

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Yup its all good. Yeah the only problem was in DFU mode it kept saying 21 or 1600 errors which was a major pain and waste of time. Glad its up and running now.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW