Please Help iPhone 4 frozen after reset.

Raja2837

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
So i attempted to do a reset and erase all content and settings on this iphone 4 with 4.0.1 and unlocked baseband 1.59.00. The phone is now frozen. How can i restore this thing without upgrading the baseband. Can i simply restore with itunes or will that update the baseband and firmware? or do i need to jailbreak again somehow. Thanks for your help.

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
On a JB phone, never use 'erase all data...' or else it will be stuck with connect to itunes. Did you previously saved your old SHSH blobs? If yes, which one(s)? If no, you can only install 4.3.2 firmware. To restore it without updating the baseband, you need to use a 4.3.2 custom firmware (one made to keep your current baseband).

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
are you on a Mac or Windows? The only way you can wipe the phone without touching the baseband which is the way you should have done it in the first place BTW is to use Pwnage Tool(Mac) or Sn0wbreeze(Windows). So go to iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials look in Tutorials, iPhone, Jailbreak and go to the Pwnage Tool 4.3.2 process. If you have windows go here Sn0wBreeze | iPhoneHeat and get Sn0wbreeze for 4.3.2 follow the steps. Once it's done you will need to unlock the phone again since you've blown away the unlock so go to iClarified and this time go to Unlock instead of Jailbreak.

Raja2837

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm using a Windows pc, SHSH blobs were saved on cydia starting from 4.0.1 but i don't have them saved on tiny umbrella on my pc. Is it possible to restore using a 4.0.1 ipsw by holding shift + restore in tunes and not update baseband. If i do a new Sn0wbreeze jailbreak for 4.3.2 i'm afraid it will update the baseband from 1.59.00 and then i can't unlock. Thanks for the help.

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
If you have SHSH blobs saved on Cydia, you can use them to restore with an older firmware.

For example, with saved 4.0.1 SHSH blobs:
1) download 4.0.1 firmware file (google).
2) edit host file to point to Cydia (google for instructions).
3) restore through itunes with downloaded file.
4) JB and install ultrasnow to unlock.

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Ive done this MULTIPLE times before.

A jb iph4 that had under 4.1 and the blobs had been ssaved in cydia.

The hosts file set to go to cydia, make sure to reboot and double check its set right

then try to install firmware. I always start with 4.0, then 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 just in case BUT if those dont work go to 4.1

Many times I have updated an iph4 to 4.1 BUT the baseband remained 1.59

Dont ask me why, this doesnt work any other time or way.

So i attempted to do a reset and erase all content and settings on this iphone 4 with 4.0.1 and unlocked baseband 1.59.00. The phone is now frozen. How can i restore this thing without upgrading the baseband. Can i simply restore with itunes or will that update the baseband and firmware? or do i need to jailbreak again somehow. Thanks for your help.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't see why you're going through so much trouble with the SHSH blobs when all you have to do is use Sn0wbreeze since you're on Windows. I've already given you links let us know how it goes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh