Questions about Cydia apps...

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello Everyone!

I am planning an re-JB my iPhone as soon as greenpois0n gets updated!

When reading the following, please keep in mind that I am practically BRAND new when it comes to jail breaking...

I was doing some research last night and found a few really great YouTube videos that did a "Top 10" of JB tweaks and apps. A few of the videos provided "Sources" for some of the tweaks and apps that they talked about. Are these sources safe resources for download apps and tweaks? Are they illegal? Do these sources infect your phone with viruses? Can someone please clue me in here? I don't want to do anything that could harm or brick my iPhone (I love it entirely too much)!

Thanks!

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
If you are talking about adding sources from within Cydia to add to your repository -- there are lots of them and several that will give you access to beta releases and pirated software. In my experience there really isn't a need to add sources beyond what Cydia comes installed with -- you will have access to all the most popular apps, and since you admit that you are "brand new" at this, I wouldn't muck around too much!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
There haven't been viruses for the iPhone yet and you definitely want to stay FAR away from cracked apps unless you want to reload your phone eventually. However sources beyond what Cydia has is a toss up they may be good they may be bad unless you find someone who has used it that will be a hard thing to confirm. So like the people before me have said just stick to the ones Cydia already comes with search for whatever apps you're interested in and if you don't find it post up the name of the app here and someone may have already used it and can recommend how to find it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox