Wrong firmware bundle selected.

Virgil2046

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I have tried both the Pwnage Tool (4.3.2) and the Redsn0w (0.9.6rc14) and have had this problem with both.

My iPhone is:
iPhone G3
OS Firmware: 4.0.2 (8A400)
Bootloader: 5.8 (Bandwidth=05.13.04)

I select iPhone on the first screen and move on to the second screed. On the second screen I get the message, "No firmware bundle found! Would you like to search the web for this file?"

When I have searched the web I downloaded: iPhone3,1_4.0.2_8A400_Restore.ipsw

When I select the firmware from the downloads folder, I get the message, "Wrong firmware bundle selected."

Please let me know what is wrong.

Thank you very much!!! And thank you again!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm guessing by iPhone G3 you mean 3Gs since that's the third generation. The ipsw you said is 3,1 which is for iPhone 4. The next problem is you're trying to use Pwnage Tool 4.3.2 for 4.0.2 this wont work. The Pwnage Tool has versions specific to the version of firmware you're trying to JB. So go to iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials and go to tutorials, iPhone and Jailbreak and look for the version of firmware you're trying to JB and the Pwnage Tool tutorial. It will have a link inside to the proper version you need and the ipsw you need.

Reactions: phoon61

phoon61

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing by iPhone G3 you mean 3Gs since that's the third generation. The ipsw you said is 3,1 which is for iPhone 4. The next problem is you're trying to use Pwnage Tool 4.3.2 for 4.0.2 this wont work. The Pwnage Tool has versions specific to the version of firmware you're trying to JB. So go to iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials and go to tutorials, iPhone and Jailbreak and look for the version of firmware you're trying to JB and the Pwnage Tool tutorial. It will have a link inside to the proper version you need and the ipsw you need.

Yes, that is what i meant too!
HA HA JK, thanks Ipheuria

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner