Cydia issues today?

Martavious

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Okay I was on 4.2.1 jb with greenp0ison for my 3GS and was going to stay there but after yet another springboard crash answering a call I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade to 4.3.2 and jb with Redsn0w. Following directions from iClarified I did the restore (shift-Restore) in iTunes and then JB the phone. Everything looked good. So I launch Cydia and when on the main Cydia screen anything I go into gives me a blank screen from there. Reload doesn't help. I search and find Pkgbackup (which I used before doing this) and try to install it. Well it starts to install and then hangs after Downloading Erica Utilities and Done: Erica Utilities. It eventually comes back with 2 red 'Host Unreachable' errors.

I've rebooted the phone. I even went and restored the phone again and redid the JB.

Ideas?

Martavious

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Well I am able to install other apps through Cydia such as Winterboard and BiteSMS by searching for them but still can't get to any of the stuff on the main page (Featured/Themes/Manage account/etc).

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
I think cydia servers are having issues because of the Amazon EC2 issue that's been all over the tech news today. Cydia store is hosted on Amazons servers.

Reactions: Martavious

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i had minor issues updating some tweaks/apps this morning but after trying a second or third time all went well

seems to be the norm lately..

Martavious

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Looks to still be a problem. 'saurik' posted on Twitter yesterday

"Amazon EC2 (which does host the primary Cydia website, purchasing, etc.) is currently experiencing severe issues: nothing I can do but wait."

Still having the same issues today with the stuff on the main Cydia page and a handful of essential apps that I need to get back .. Oh well gives me time to use the phone in a more "stock" mode =D