Winter Board Help (slanted lock)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
here is what i did as a workaround via SSH:

go into your themes and find SlantedLock.theme>Private>images>slbkg24hr

now, you're going to have to add 24 images of the same into this folder and then rename to what the existing files are named

for example:

0.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
etc...

make sure to backup, delete .. or whatever you would like to do with the originals (personally i did not like them so i got rid of them)

in the slanted lock configurations under the wallpaper set: select 24 hr

here is one of mine.. voila!

rhsu3m.jpg

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
And regarding the bottom bar, I'm guessing you have a newer iOS that included some changes to the file names the theme deals with. Have a look at this post for the newer names and how to include them in your theme.

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
here is what i did as a workaround via SSH:

go into your themes and find SlantedLock.theme>Private>images>slbkg24hr

now, you're going to have to add 24 images of the same into this folder and then rename to what the existing files are named

for example:

0.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
etc...

make sure to backup, delete .. or whatever you would like to do with the originals (personally i did not like them so i got rid of them)

in the slanted lock configurations under the wallpaper set: select 24 hr

here is one of mine.. voila!

rhsu3m.jpg

I appreciate the help but you're gonna have to slow down for me haha. Themes? Where do I find that? The only "themes" tab I have is in winterboard. It says "select themes". The only new apps I have so far is winterboard, LockScreen clock hide, slanted lock and categories, do I need to download something new?

good point, Massie..

also, there is a transparent slider in Cydia that is 4.3.1 friendly and would assume it is fine with 4.3.2 as well..?

ModMyi.com | ios4.3 Transparent Slider

if you are wanting a transparent slider like my screenshot, of course

I just downloaded a custom slider, any easy way I can keep the symbol but get rid of the bar?

Finally what app did you use on your top bar to get rid of the time and display that you have a text and missed call and what not?

Good God, I have so much to learn!

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
BLiNK is talking about SSHing into your phone. Do a search for OpenSSH I've posted links about SSHing in to you phone. Then you will find the folder at var/stash/Themesxxxx

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I've installed SBsettings, OpenSSH followed this tutorial: Jailbreak and unlock the iPhone - Installing OpenSSH, using YummyFTP, and changing the root and mobile passwords. I don't have a mac, so I didn't know what to do past the stuff on the phone. I read through this description:http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-apps-hacks-themes-forum/206891-winterboard-theming-guide.html, and found this: Jailbreak and unlock the iPhone - Make and use themes with WinterBoard. Frankly I'd like to avoid reading all 22 sections, if possible.

Can you tell me what exactly I need to look over? This seems like a lot of work just to get a background picture behind a clock haha.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
It's basically the same as browsing for files and folders on your computer?you're just doing it on your phone.

What he's suggesting is that you find the Slanted Lock folder and replace the wallpapers inside of it with your own. Just be sure the new images have the same names as the old ones you're replacing.

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
It's basically the same as browsing for files and folders on your computer?you're just doing it on your phone.

What he's suggesting is that you find the Slanted Lock folder and replace the wallpapers inside of it with your own. Just be sure the new images have the same names as the old ones you're replacing.

That sounds manageable. I just read about doing this with "iFile". Seems a little more intuitive to someone with the (relatively basic) computer knowledge I have. I've started playing around with it... Let you know how it goes.

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know where can I find the camera roll pictures in the file directory? I'd like to move one into the slant file, but I can't locate the camera roll.

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i did all of mine with iFile, although it is easier on a PC or MAC

i saved an image to my camera roll and searched for it within iFile:

private>var>mobile>Media>DCIM>100APPLE

copied and pasted to:

SlantedLock.theme>Private>images>slbkg24hr

hope all is going well.. it's definitely a learning process and trial & error is a must

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I really would suggest using your pc to do it, at least at first. It's a lot easier to see the overall file structure, and you can pretty much drag and drop everything you need to change.

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
i did all of mine with iFile, although it is easier on a PC or MAC

i saved an image to my camera roll and searched for it within iFile:

private>var>mobile>Media>DCIM>100APPLE

copied and pasted to:

SlantedLock.theme>Private>images>slbkg24hr

hope all is going well.. it's definitely a learning process and trial & error is a must

I really would suggest using your pc to do it, at least at first. It's a lot easier to see the overall file structure, and you can pretty much drag and drop everything you need to change.

Alright thanks for the help. I'm slowly but surely learning my way around. Sometime tomorrow I'll download iphonebrowser(?) and play with it. I'll check back in tomorrow with more problems/solutions haha.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Finally what app did you use on your top bar to get rid of the time and display that you have a text and missed call and what not?

SpringClean will let you remove anything you want from the statusbar as well as some really cool tweaks

LockInfo is one of many ways to get statusbar icons as well as one of the BEST lockscreen notification tweaks available

we're here to help.. :)

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
SpringClean will let you remove anything you want from the statusbar as well as some really cool tweaks

LockInfo is one of many ways to get statusbar icons as well as one of the BEST lockscreen notification tweaks available

we're here to help.. :)

Ok so I deleted all 24 pics in the folder, and put the one in that I want, but it's not coming up on the lock screen. There's a tiny blue question mark in the middle of the screen. I've tried all the wallpaper settings, none work. The file is a jpeg, 400 pix tall, 320 pix wide. It shows up and can be previewed in iphonebrowser and ifile, just not on the lockscreen. Any suggestions?

Also, I have a custom slider right now. Will the slider logo stay if I use the suggested program (this one: Removing the Bottom Bar From the Lockscreen on 4.3.1). I just want to get rid of the dark, semitransparent rectangle. I'd like to keep the letters to the left of the slider if possible.

Thanks in advance!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
When you put the new image in, you have to name it just like the one it replaces. In this case it sounds like you need 24 copies named EXACTLY like the 24 you deleted.

FWIW, it's almost never this much work! You just happened to pick an odd theme to start with...

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
yeah, probably not the best of lockscreens to choose from the get go but at least it's a good learning experience

regarding leaving the text within the slider you will need to find that theme file and search for the file that removes it. honestly, i would probably join that forum (everythingiCafe) and ask them about exactly what you are trying to do. that Europa member is very knowledgable about this very same thing

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2