IPod app broken?

methaneboy

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I just started doing my own custom skins over everything in my custom jailbreak, and i just did a few for the ipod, simply replacing a few existing images with a slight color difference, and the ipod app wont start. it will crash after starting to pull up. i have the original files backed up, but idk if they will still work. does anyone know how i might be able to fix this?
no restore please :(

iRandom

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
If you're using the skins with Winterboard, disable them. If you were replacing the actual files, replace the modified ones with the stock ones.

Also, try restating your iPhone

methaneboy

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
i modified the actual files. and i replaced them with the stock ones... it still wouldnt work. at one point, i had completely taken the ipod app off of the ipod. so, i ended up having to do a restore =/ im guessing the system applications cant be redesigned

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't think they can't be redesigned, a file is a file. I think when you replace system files they have to be exactly right in order to work. So I think the best way to do it is test it in Winterboard first then if you really wanted to change the system files.

methaneboy

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't think they can't be redesigned, a file is a file. I think when you replace system files they have to be exactly right in order to work. So I think the best way to do it is test it in Winterboard first then if you really wanted to change the system files.

i dont exactly know how to test it in winterboard. and i just wanted to alter the color levels of the images ._.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You replaced the OS files so you know what the files are called and how to edit them. The way to test it in Winterboard is to create a theme with your changes first. So all you would need to know is the file structure of the files you want to have Winterboard overlay your images instead of the OS ones. Check this link out Jailbreak and unlock the iPhone - Make and use themes with WinterBoard it explains how to create themes. Once you build your theme you would just SSH it to your phone in the Themes folder /var/stash/Themesxxxxx and turn it on in Winterboard and respring. Then after you go into your phone test out iPod and if the changes were successful and it is what you wanted then you could replace the OS files with your own since you know it works.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner