how to restore old photos and contacts from a previous backup?

ChrisxJacobsen

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
hey everyone. i hope this question has an answer.

I have restored my iphone to factory settings with my 4.3.1 upgrade/Jailbreak, and i dont want to restore from a back up so i dont have any issues with the jailbreak.

i have two different backups that i would like to try and "extract" or somehow get my photos and contacts out of so i can load them into my phone.

for some reason after my 4.1 jailbreak "backup" in iTunes is corrupted and now it seems like i have lost almost 6 months worth of photos and contact adds. the loss of the photos is the saddest thing for me cause i use my phone as my everyday camera and would love to try and retrieve those pictures.

is there a way to access this at all?

thanks for the help in advance!!!

Chris

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
What makes you think the backup is corrupted? Just because the pictures and contacts aren't there does not mean it's corrupt. Unless you are getting an error saying something is corrupt the pics and contacts are probably gone.

I've seen users do this many times. That's why before I upgrade or if I want to make sure I have a backup, I right click on my iphone in itunes and choose backup to make sure it's backed up.

Crypton

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
As I mentioned in your other thread:
Try MobileSyncBrowser. I had a corrupt backup once. iTunes did not restore from this one. I tried two other programs. Msb was the only one which was able to read that corrupt backup.
You can try msb and the other two for free before you buy them. They are limited when you to save files from them. Msb let's you save only file by file whereas the full version let's you save complete folders.

Reactions: ChrisxJacobsen

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Right click on your iPhone in iTunes and select your back up.

Going to give a little advice here for future reference... Its always a good idea to create a back up of your pics on your comp or a external hardrive. You can do that by mass storage mode and moving them over. My wife had like 3 GB's of pictures and just restoring a back up took a day and a half. Now most pics are kept off. Just the most recent are on the iPhone.

Reactions: ChrisxJacobsen

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
Right click on your iPhone in iTunes and select your back up.

Going to give a little advice here for future reference... Its always a good idea to create a back up of your pics on your comp or a external hardrive. You can do that by mass storage mode and moving them over. My wife had like 3 GB's of pictures and just restoring a back up took a day and a half. Now most pics are kept off. Just the most recent are on the iPhone.

Wow. Half a day that's long. I have 6GB of Photos and 7GB of apps and it took me 2 hours to restore from backup.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Yeah -- I do not trust the camera roll and iTunes backup for my photos. My iPhone is my everyday camera too, and I have thousands of Pics since I started with the iPhone 3. My tip is to move the pics periodically off the iPhone's camera roll into folders on your syncing computer then sync the pics back to the iPhone. The only thing you will lose is the ability to delete the pics from your iPhone -- you will have to do that from the computer.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods