Parallax and Shrink

hbcbob573

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
So, I woke up this morning to some updates. One for parallax and one for shrink. I haven't had any trouble before, so I went ahead and updated them both...

Now for the last hour I have been trying to dwindle down the jailbreak apps that I don't use to get my phone to stop going into safe mode. Needless to say, I no longer have shrink or parallax on my phone...which were two of my favorite apps.

Anyone else having a similar problem?

Crypton

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Don't have parallax, but Shrink works fine for me.
I'm on 4.3.1, that's what the updates were for.
Are you on 4.2.1/6?

hbcbob573

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I got with phoenixdev and told them about the problem. I'm running 4.2.1, and they mentioned that there were about 1 in 10 crashing on that os. They fixed them both by midday. Quick response, I thought. But mine are both working fine again.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I got with phoenixdev and told them about the problem. I'm running 4.2.1, and they mentioned that there were about 1 in 10 crashing on that os. They fixed them both by midday. Quick response, I thought. But mine are both working fine again.

Parallax is one of my favorite tweaks and the latest update caused a safe mode crash for me too. I exchanged a couple emails with the developer and within 24 hours the problem was fixed and Parallax is working perfect again.

I've never tried Shrink...

hbcbob573

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Shrink is pretty damn good. If you use it and then have to go back to the normal sized icons you say to yourself "damn, this looks like it's made for someone with special needs."

It makes the background more visible, and I likey.

Crypton

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Shrink is especially useful with Iconoclasm or any similar icon arraignment tweak where more than 4x4 icons are used. I have my 25 icons on each page and was lost when I had to use the regular sized ones.

BenSWoodruff

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Parallax seems like a pretty great tweak for anyone who misses/wishes they had Android. That OS is way too crappy for me, though I miss some of the nuances. I'm using 4.1, for my unlock, so hopefully it should work fine.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Parallax had another minor update today and it seems to work fine... so whatever was causing the safe mode crashes last week seems to have been fixed.