Jailbreak is out, Unlock next?

jaguar11

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Now that the iOS 4.3.1 Jailbreak is out for iPhone 4, will there be a unlock coming out as well :confused: or is it even speculated for an unlock to be released or should I be waiting until iOS 5

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
If I have 1.59 modem firmware, can I use redsn0w and unlock with ultrasn0w? Or does iOS 4.3.1 check to make sure the firmware matches?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Jag, if you're an unlocker you have to be patient, it's the name of the game. The unlock is not as widespread as the JB so there wont be news out as often to the plan for releasing a new unlock. The best thing to do is keep your baseband at the lowest possible version so that if there is an unlock you might be able to get in on the boat. You can do that by using a custom firmware created with pwnage tool. It enables you to run the latest firmware JBen while still maintaining your baseband version.

George I can't remember of the top of my head but I posted up the list of unlockable basebands in another thread so search my username to see if yours is in the list. If it is then what you would have to do is again use pwnage tool to move to 4.3 without upgrading your baseband then you can unlock. I'm not sure if redsn0w requires you to upgrade to the stock 4.3 but if it does and I think it does then no you can't use it. So check my list if your baseband is unlockable then try to get a custom ipsw made with Pwnage tool or make it yourself if you've got a Mac. Then after you JB you can unlock.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro