Redsn0W iOS 4.3.1 Jailbreak is out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

corpyesman

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
This also happened to me. I was already jailbroken with 4.1, followed the instructions and upgraded to 4.3.1 and jailbroke. Worked perfectly, except I have no AT&T service. I was not unlocked, and was using my normal AT&T account. Any ideas?

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
FYI: appbackup crashes for some on 4.3.1. So no app data restore for me. Had to reinstall cydia once but otherwise worked. Developer knows about issue.

mistered45

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Tried 4.3.1 Redsn0w JB MANY times using all the posted tips & tricks - no joy! Always fails at Ramdisk Upload. Tried the following:
1) run in XP compatibility mode with & without Exec as Admin
2) followed process for DFU mode in Redsn0w screens - same result
3) pre-DFU'd iPad then ran Redsn0w - same result
4) reran all of the above with Redsn0w affinity set to cpu1

Also saw a reference to "later models" having h/w fix that prevents mod (???)

Running Windows Vista 64-bit HP Desktop

HELP!!! What am I missing???:eek:

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I have it working great! I love 4.3.1

agreed. so far all of my original apps/tweaks are working perfectly. even LockInfo (beta)

and another thing.. when i went to team pure for a few days (on 4.3.1) i really enjoyed the excellent battery performance.. that has carried over as well!

swampbaby

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I guess you and I are the I are the only two who had no AT&T service after JB.

For those if you who've successfully jailbroke, were you already jailbroken or running stock iOS? Greenpois0n was a much easier jailbreak.

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
restore as new. re-jailbreak

this method has solved A LOT of issues for me.. try it, couldn't hurt

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Hey kids,

So, I'll keep it short and sweet.. don't even try to upgrade to 4.3.1 (over your Greenp0ison'd 4.2.1 jailbreak) and then use redsn0w. My phone went absolutely ape-$hit after I tried that. The best thing to do is to backup your phone, clean update (shift + click restore) and then use redsn0w. I've had absolutely no issues doing it the more annoying way (starting from scratch).

DV26

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I jailbroke my iPhone 4 yesterday and having no problems. I have a 64bit windows 7 system and had no problems. Just had to do a clean firmware update (from 4.2.1 jb with greenpois0n to stock 4.3.1) and everything ran smoothly. Did a hard reset after my phone went ape sh!t but works fine now. Has anyone noticed an improvement on battery life? I'll post my findings as soon as I've come to some sort of conclusion.

audit

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
I used the Shift Restore on mine to upgrade it last night, sounds worked fine until I JB it, Now I have zero new mail or txt sounds. Going back to restore it on my work laptop now with the shift restore and see if that works to get me back to unjailbroken. Then I'll figure out if I want to JB from there again.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I always use Pwnage Tool and never have any problems. I just backup, sync and then start the process. I put the phone into DFU mode then open iTunes an Option(Mac) + restore to my custom ipsw. Then I restore from backup and I'm free, free, free. I much rather use pwnage tool every time it's just my personal preference.

Reactions: IVIacGyver

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
REALLY?!?!! mods please remove the spam to keep the thread for jb only.... the forums must have a backdoor for all these spam bots.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
REALLY?!?!! mods please remove the spam to keep the thread for jb only.... the forums must have a backdoor for all these spam bots.

Seriously, do you think we want the spam here? If you see spam, report it. Don't just complain. There's a nice little icon above the post where you can report it as spam. Feel free to use it.

Reactions: Garz

nheilweil

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
IPSW Help

I downloaded the zipped file "iPhone3,1_4.3.1_8G4_Restore" but there doesn't seem to be any IPSW file in it. It's rare I feel so stupid, so can someone please help me? I tried renaming it from a .zip to a .IPSW but that didn't help. Is there something I'm missing here? How do I get the IPSW file, or get the zip file I've got to work?

:confused:

nheilweil

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the zipped file "iPhone3,1_4.3.1_8G4_Restore" but there doesn't seem to be any IPSW file in it. It's rare I feel so stupid, so can someone please help me? I tried renaming it from a .zip to a .IPSW but that didn't help. Is there something I'm missing here? How do I get the IPSW file, or get the zip file I've got to work?

:confused:

OK...got it figured out. I downloaded the file again and didn't open the file this time! I just replaced the .zip with a .ipsw extension and left it alone. This time it was recognized...wheew!

Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh