My Background Stays Black

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Jailbroken Greenpoison 4.2.1. This is my second jailbroken i4, and I'm stumped. Let me start by saying that I am aware that some themes have stock background images that you cannot change. However, I have several, that you can add whatever backgroung you want from your library. Even though I have selected user wallpaper in Winterboard, the background still remains black as does the lockscreen. My first i4 did not do this. Any ideas?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
What theme(s) is(are) active in Winterboard?

There isn't a theme that you can't change the background image on, but some will not let you change without editing one of the files (could be set in .html, .css or .js file within the theme structure)... typically the background is called something like Wallpaper.png... using iFile, go to the theme and see if there's a similarly named image... rename it something like "WallpaperOld.png" and add the new image to the theme folder as "Wallpaper.png". (This is an example, you will need to match the actual file name in the theme)... more of a pain than using the SETTINGS function to change the wallpaper, but this will ALWAYS work...

One more note... I have a theme and a weather widget... the background is actually set in the weather widget in my case... but the same principle applies...

Reactions: pilsbury

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Any chance this is your first ip4 on 4.2.1? Apple changed some of how wallpapers are handled, so some themes may need tweaking. And if you haven't tried it yet, try respringing after selecting a new background.

Reactions: pilsbury

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys, yes this is my first i4 on 4.2.1. And I have resprung after selecting the wallpaper. It's strange, because if I deselect all my winterboard themes and use the stock theme, I can change walls no problem. I'm trying to set up the Absolute HD theme. I went in and changed my zip code in ifile and got the weather widget to display my city, but I cant get the backgrounds to work. I'm stumped.

Last edited:

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
It says in the info to place the wall png into my iPhones wallpaper directory and then select it from setting. Not to store it on the camera roll. Trouble is when I found the wall and clicked on it, the only option was to save it to the camera roll. How do I get it in my directory?

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm still on 4.1 myself, so have no firsthand experience, but look here for some ideas about how to get around Apple's new method of naming wallpapers.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2