Downgrade from 4.2.1

Dazium

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi, first off, I do apologies if this is in the wrong section, or is a over asked question, but I've searched for answers with no luck.

Last week, my IPhone 3GS (jailbroken by my friend), decided to nearly die, staying on the connected to iTunes screen. I know very little about this scene, so I managed to get 4.2.1 installed and jailbroken. All was fine until I realized my signal was poor and no service at work, where I had full 3G signal before.

After speaking to a friend, and using common sense, it must be the firmware update. My problem is, because my friend jailbroke it first, he didn't save the SHSH blobs, and I did not do my research properly. So I can't downgrade using the blobs. I cannot find any method to get down to iOS 3 without using blobs, and was wondering if anyone had any tips or methods to help me.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks again, Daz.

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi, first off, I do apologies if this is in the wrong section, or is a over asked question, but I've searched for answers with no luck.

Last week, my IPhone 3GS (jailbroken by my friend), decided to nearly die, staying on the connected to iTunes screen. I know very little about this scene, so I managed to get 4.2.1 installed and jailbroken. All was fine until I realized my signal was poor and no service at work, where I had full 3G signal before.

After speaking to a friend, and using common sense, it must be the firmware update. My problem is, because my friend jailbroke it first, he didn't save the SHSH blobs, and I did not do my research properly. So I can't downgrade using the blobs. I cannot find any method to get down to iOS 3 without using blobs, and was wondering if anyone had any tips or methods to help me.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks again, Daz.

You can try looking into custom ipsw. They don't need SHSH blobs. You'll still be jailbroken too. They're like a pre-jailbroken version of an original firmware that you restore to your device.

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
You can try looking into custom ipsw. They don't need SHSH blobs. You'll still be jailbroken too. They're like a pre-jailbroken version of an original firmware that you restore to your device.

Wrong. You need saved old SHSH blobs to downgrade, including using custom firmware files.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods