Winterboard, Springboard, Dreamboard, Summerboard...

Cyder

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Which one should I be downloading for themes? Can I download them all or do they conflict with one another?

I was hoping to get the GReenpois0n slider lock and noticed I need springboard from Modmyi.com? Do I modify a link inside the modmyi app to achieve this? I have the website ModMyi.com | Greenposi0n Slider so I do I modify a link from this site inside the app itself?

I did download Winterboard but haven't started playing around with any themes yet.

Also I tried downloading the Modmyi app but it keeps failing due to the host is unreachable. I'm just gonna keep trying though.

Last edited:

cmrngetty

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Springboard is not for themes, that's just what they call the iPhone screen pretty much. The springboard are the icons, home wallpaper, dock, all that included. It's just a name.

Summerboard is included in Winterboard.

Dreamboard is a new, ultimate theming platform which allows fast-switching between themes. However, it's new, unstable and not many themes have been made for it yet. However, there are too HTC/android themes available for it and it looks awesome.

You want Winterboard. Winterboard is the main utility for adding and switching between themes. There are thousands of themes for Winterboard.

iRandom

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Springboard is basically like a computer desktop, but for your iPhone.

Winterboard is best for the themes and the successor of Summerboard.

Dreamboard is very buggy and I would advise staying away from it for now.

Summerboard is no longer supported.

HarriGary

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I am new to jailbreaking. I have an iPhone4 w/4.3.3 and just used redsn0w to jb tonight. One of the first things I installed was winterboard because customization was one of my main reasons for jailbreaking. Anyhow I am having a little issue. I set user wallpaper and user lock background and only lock screen background uses my picture I set. Even after I changed it to not have user lock background it still uses my image. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HarriGary

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, I figured out it was an anomaly with the theme I was using. I changed themes and now I can select my own wallpaper. Now I just have to figure out how to get this wallpaper package I just downloaded from my file system to an interface that will let me install on my phone. This is gonna be a fun learning experience :p

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW