SMS Sent Sound

phoon61

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I have done it before and i apologize if this has been asked before but how do i use ifile to stop my iphone from making a sound when sending a sms??

Thank u!

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
In iFile goto system>library>audio>UIsounds and find the file name "SentMessage.caf" Rename it to .org and poof your sound is gone. You might need a reboot.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I installed a SMS theme and my SMS sent sound disappeared. I miss it. I wanna turn it back on, but I don't know how.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
chances are the theme you have renamed the audio file for the sent message tone

go to System/Library/Audio/UISounds/ look for SentMessage.xxx and rename it to SentMessage.caf

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
@Blink. I don't have iFile, but I'll look into it. I theoretically know how to SHSH my device, but always been scared to actually try it.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
iFile is going to be your quicker easier option. You should do the SSH into your phone though t is so powerful. Just follow these rules
1. Change your passwords
2. Any system file you're going to change make sure you download a copy to your computer first
3. Turn off OpenSSH when you're done just because it burns up battery, it is also on by default when you reboot so remember toturn it off

iphonewarrior

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
@Blink. I don't have iFile, but I'll look into it. I theoretically know how to SHSH my device, but always been scared to actually try it.

It's SSH not SHSH :)

iFile is probably one of the best Cydia applications available. If you use it alongside "Safari Download Manager" and "Attachment Saver" you wont ever have to use a desktop SSH client ever again.

@Ipheuria - disabling OpenSSH to save battery is a myth. It makes no difference whatsoever. Changing the SSH password is something I would definitely do.

Also, it's not necessary to save iDevices system files to a computer. You can save the files on the device itself. It's easier and you will always have access to it.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
It's SSH not SHSH :)

iFile is probably one of the best Cydia applications available. If you use it alongside "Safari Download Manager" and "Attachment Saver" you wont ever have to use a desktop SSH client ever again.

@Ipheuria - disabling OpenSSH to save battery is a myth. It makes no difference whatsoever. Changing the SSH password is something I would definitely do.

Also, it's not necessary to save iDevices system files to a computer. You can save the files on the device itself. It's easier and you will always have access to it.

thank you for the correction, sir :)