Can iphone 3g 5.09 bootrom with 3.1.3 on 06.15.00 be unlocked?

astaf

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Hello guys,

I am sick of this iOS 4 because it is really slow on my device. I read about downgrading to 3.1.3 from 4.1, i can do that. But the thing is, after the os downgrade am i going to be able to unlock my device?

By the way, i am a windows user.

Thanks to all participate.

To Admin: This question is probably asked on this site, but i couldn't find it. :( so if it exists, please send me the link and i'll delete this post.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
you're on the iPad baseband which is unlockable. The baseband cannot be downgraded so doing anything to the firmware wont change the baseband. You just have to be careful which method you use to downgrade the firmware. You can only use custom ipsw when on the iPad baseband. So go to iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials under tutorials, iPhone, Jailbreak and look for the method for 3.1.3 you will I think need to use pwnage tool(Mac) or sn0wbreeze(Windows). If you need an ipsw with pwnage tool PM me or add me on twitter.

Reactions: astaf

astaf

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I have redsn0w for 3.1.3, and i had had my shsh saved on saurik when i was on 3.1.3 which by then my baseband was 05.14.02.

So would it work if i do 3.1.3 jailbreaking without first restoring to the original 3.1.3 ipsw? And of course i need the unlock... :(

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You need to read my post, the baseband will not change no matter what you do now. So your phone will always be unlockable. The baseband can only be upgraded and the 3G is no longer supported in new firmwares so unless they make a tool to specifically upgrade the baseband, like when you went to the iPad baseband your phone will always remain on the iPad baseband. There is a way to downgrade the baseband on 3G but I've never had it work so not sure if that will help you here. I don't think you should care about the baseband anyway because it is unlockable. I don't think redsn0w will work bu you can always try it. Like I said IMO pwnage tool or sn0wbreeze is what I would consider if I was in your shoes.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73