Can I restore this phone?

rex450se

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I've been out of the iPhone ecosystem for a little over a year now, have been pretty heavy in flashing roms on Android, but I'm back. I just got an unlocked iPhone 4 on firmware 4.0.2 with the 1.59.00 baseband. I would like to at least restore to that same firmware if I can't do 4.2.1. My problem is that I don't think any of the shsh blobs have been saved. What can I do to restore this? Thanks in advance for your help.

Victor

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
W/o SHSH blobs saved, you can only restore to current firmware, 4.3 right now. Download and run Tinyumbrella. See what SHSH blobs you can save with it. Whatever was saved is what you can restore to.

And, if you want to save your current baseband = unlock, you should only restore using a custom firmware file (one that keeps your current baseband).

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm not following you what firmware is currently on the phone? I'm thinking 4.0.2 from what I read but maybe I'm wrong. If that is the case you can get a 4.2 firmware created in pwnage tool put the phone into DFU mode then open iTunes. It will tell you there is a phone in recovery mode you hold the shift(Windows)/Option(Mac) key and click restore. It will ask you to point to the ipsw file you point to the one made in pwnage tool.

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I'm not following you what firmware is currently on the phone? I'm thinking 4.0.2 from what I read but maybe I'm wrong. If that is the case you can get a 4.2 firmware created in pwnage tool put the phone into DFU mode then open iTunes. It will tell you there is a phone in recovery mode you hold the shift(Windows)/Option(Mac) key and click restore. It will ask you to point to the ipsw file you point to the one made in pwnage tool.

Even with a custom firmware, you still need saved SHSH blobs if Apple is no longer signing / allowing you to restore to that firmware.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox