New iPhone Unlocking Site Seeks Community Approval/Opinions And Possibly Hiring ?

bonkerbids

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Hello TiPb community,

We are considering opening a new iPhone unlocking website and would love to get the opinions of the TiPb.com community members. We are also potentially looking to hire qualified jailbreak and unlock support agents.

Now before everyone jumps into this thread and says how paid iPhone unlocking websites are total scams and the scum of the earth, please read the entire post before casting your opinions.

The site we intend to make will do the following:

1. Clearly state that iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad jailbreaking and unlocking is completely free to do using software that is easily accessible to anyone on the internet FREE of charge.

2. Clearly give credit to the iPhone Dev Team, the Chronic Dev Team, and all the other hackers that make jailbreaking and unlocking possible and FREE.

We don't want to trick anybody into purchasing from us, and we will also be pointing out how all those other "iPhone unlocking websites" do just that. Trick people into buying from them by making people think it is their own magic software.

We will provide our members with a members area where we will keep all the guides updated with the newest and most relevant information and software versions. This is more just a convenience for the members and not what we are selling.

So what are we selling?

The simple answer is support. We want to be something similar to how Best Buy has "The Geek Squad". We would like to be able to offer our customers support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through email, a support ticket system, and live chat help. That is really all we would be selling.

I've been jailbreaking and unlocking my devices since this all started back in 2007. I also know that most people just want to jailbreak and unlock and then get on with their lives. They don't want to have to follow all the jailbreak/unlock news that comes out and worry about what's next.

So the service we are thinking about launching solves that problem. Our members area will keep them up to date with the newest info and most importantly provide them with real 24/7 support should they need it. They will basically have their own personal jailbreak/unlock geek on call 24 hours a day to answer all their questions and help them use all the FREE softwares, and then get on with their lives.

We do not want to be viewed as one of those "iPhone unlock scam sites", and we believe our business model is completely straight forward and completely honest with potential customers.

As this site is all about support we are potentially looking for up to 8 qualified people to be customer support agents for our new site. We will need people from all around the world so we can deliver on our "24 hours a day" support service. If this sounds like something you might be interested in then please send me a PM.

We hope this sounds like a website the TiPb.com community can support and get behind.

What are you thoughts though on whether or not you would consider the type of site we want to make to be a "scam site"?

Regardless of the fact that you wouldn't purchase support or think others wouldn't purchase support, do you think after we tell our customers they can jailbreak or unlock their devices for FREE, that then offering our support service to them is somehow unethical?

Would you consider our site which is completely honest and upfront with the customer, to be in the same category as those other unlock "scam sites" that claim the software to be their own?

Now we seek your opinions, suggestions, comments or what ever you would like to say about this topic.

Thanks

bonkerbids

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
It's pretty simple actually, Real support. Our site will provide online chat support, ticket system support, and email support.

Our site will tell people how they can jailbreak and unlock for free using all the free software available, and give full credit to the developers of those softwares.

We just want to offer 24/7 support to customers that don't want to spend all day searching google and forums for the answers to their questions.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
TBH, I could see this being a useful tool for people new to scene, but it would have to show up REALLY high up in Google Results to really be found and as such generate a decent amount of traffic.

bonkerbids

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks big9erfan

I think it would be very useful also for newbies and also for people that just are not interested in "getting into the scene", people that just want to jailbreak and unlock and get on with their lives.

The forum here will not allow me to reply to your PM until I have 15 posts, so I will get back to you as soon as I reach that number :)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I think you had the right analogy comparing it to the geek squad. Setting up a computer or printer is something anyone can do and for free. However some people rather pay to have it done so they just use the device. So I also think this is a cool idea and it would give users an alternative to the scammers out there charging $30 to give you a tethered JB knowing you will be a repeat customer everytime you reboot the device. I think the knowledge and support is worthwhile and people are willin to pay. If it will be like you've said, it sounds like a great idea.

bonkerbids

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your comments Ipheuria.

That's the exact type of market we want to target. We want people to know that it is something they can do for free and on their own. But there are tons of people that would rather just have it done and so we want to help them.

Also with our service they would just pay a 1 time fee and get lifetime support. So with as many apple firmware updates as there are, our customers would not have to repay every time they need to upgrade and re jailbreak or re unlock. Nor would they have to pay again if they got a new device.

Our site would like be purchasing a jailbreak/unlock tech support package, the same way you might purchase an extended warranty or something like that when you buy any electronics.

bonkerbids

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I would love to get some input on this from some members that are new to jailbreaking and unlocking.

Do you think you would have benefited from a service like we want to provide?

Does it sound like a service you would have paid for?

Thanks

bonkerbids

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
If anyone else is interested in becoming a support agent please contact me. I assure you this is a real opportunity for a job. I've had a couple people contact me so far that are US based and we really need some people from Europe or the other side of the world to cover hours for what would be the the nightime here in the US. Or anyone from the US that prefers to work on a night shift.

Thanks

Bashy

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Hi Bonkerbirds.
I would REALLY like to have the support.
I've been stuck on 3.1.2 since my first and only jailbreak in Oct 2009.
Have just been scared of biting the bullet on subsequent releases and FW updates.
Am now in the position where I could have done a straight forward upgrade with greenpoisin, but didn;t do it before the 4.3 came out.
I have my SHSH saved in Cydia so would be great it you could help me or point me in the right direction to do it.
Cheers

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
honestly, i think something like this would be very useful.. the difficult part would be convincing people that it is not a "scam".. that is why word of mouth, imo, may be your best bet

there are countless threads/posts, here and everywhere else i go, of people running into issues that even if there were someone available to help them all day long it still would not be enough

let us know once this gets up and going and i will have no problem referring them to your site

just out of curiosity, what sort of billing options have you considered?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR