Can I lock my notes?

G323q569

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Is there something I can download that will allow me to lock my notes? I don't want to download a different notepad nor do I really need to change anything about the standard one that Apple has preloaded onto the iPhone 4.
All I really want to do is lock them for the main reason of accidently deleting them or editing something I needed within them.

My VZW iPhone happens to be jailbroken too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The notes are backed up when you sync. In Mac it's backed up to Mail and Windows to Outlook. I'm telling you this because as far as I know what you want can't be done. There are other notepad apps out there but you don't wan another one.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
yeah I dont think it can be locked but as Ipheuria stated, they are saved in your lastest back up. If something important was deleted, then you can always load that latest backup on to your iPhone

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah or don't sync the phone open outlook or mail and copy the contents of your note to a text editor then sync. So you will manually keep your own backup. However it seems to me it would be much easier to use Evernote which syncs to their servers and also has a desktop client. So in this case you would have to knowingly sync your changes but you can also re-create the note on the desktop and sync it back to your device.

Reactions: G323q569

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2