Jailbreak Not Working.....Please Help

iPhoneFanBoi

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello i am new to this site, i just got my iPhone 3g yesterday and have already begun trying to jailbreak it with no success....i have jailbroken my iPhone Touch before with success. But i tried using greenpoison and its not working correctly.....is there another program i can use? am i doing something wrong? Please bare with me

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Are you on Windows or a Mac? Which firmware are you trying to JB to? IMO anything beyond 3.1.3 on a 3G is not a fun experience. The Greenpois0n tool is for 3Gs and iPhone 4, you have to use Redsn0w. You can find instructions here, it is not a tethered JB for the 3G. I might be wrong it's been years since I JB a 3G but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

Reactions: iPhoneFanBoi

iPhoneFanBoi

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
thanks man everything ended up working out great.....but now the phone is running slow as ever, what can i do to speed it up? i dont even really have any apps on here yet except cydia and twitter....it makes me not want to download more if the phone is jus going to run slower

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
If I were you I'd definitely look into downgrading to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3. Using 4.x on a 3G is really asking for lag, and a lot of the features of 4.x you can get via jailbreaking the faster 3.x firmwares.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I also agree with Massie like I said originally anything beyond 3.1.3 on a 3G means you'll have to put up with the lag. Did you enable any of the things in the JB? Multi-tasking, Wallpaper if you did redo the JB and don't enable any of them. If you want to have your wallpaper use Winterboard.

iPhoneFanBoi

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
how can i downgrade from 4.2.1 after ive already jailbroke? i didnt think i would be able to because im on the iPad baseband now 6.15......and also i was afraid i wouldnt get alot of features by downgrading the firmware?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
IIRC, the 3G didn't use SHSH blobs for anything before iOS 4.0 ( and even with 4.0 it was a different kind of SHSH blob than something like the 3GS or the 4 ). You should be able to restore to 3.1.3 and have it work, though you'll definitely get an error restoring since you'll have a newer baseband version and that cannot be downgraded. You'll have to work out those errors ( use iRecovery I think to kick out of restore mode ) but the downgrade SHOULD work.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73