Iphone 3GS 4.2 unlocked bricked after memory reset

Imacellist

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys so I have done plenty of stuff to my phone but never had a problem. The latest thing I did was unlock it on version 4.2 because I am selling it and people will pay more for it :). Problem is that Once I erased all my info from inside the settings menu it stayed on the apple logo permanently. If I go into DFU mode to do a restore it gives me error 1015. It gets most of the way through the process before giving me this error.

Possible problem: To unlock the iphone I had to flash an ipad baseband onto it. I do not know if this is causing me a problem.

Any help on this would be great as I am trying to sell this thing quickly.

Imacellist

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I'm seeing a download for the ipad ispw. Im not quite sure what my options are to fix my phone. It may be that I am just tired, or missing something obvious, so sorry for that. But my phone is 100% useless right now. Any ideas?

Imacellist

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok I need to learn to read. I'm gonna try to make a custom ispw for 4.2.1 and see if that works. Sn0wbreeze looks like my best bet. I'll report back with results. Any other suggestions are welcomed.

ed116

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
hey bro since you are resetting to ofw, try removing the thing you added to your hosts file ;) had that same issue happen except for iphone 4 :p try doing the 72.xx.xxx.xx gs.apple.com, remove that line and click save :)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys so I have done plenty of stuff to my phone but never had a problem. The latest thing I did was unlock it on version 4.2 because I am selling it and people will pay more for it :). Problem is that Once I erased all my info from inside the settings menu it stayed on the apple logo permanently. If I go into DFU mode to do a restore it gives me error 1015. It gets most of the way through the process before giving me this error.

Possible problem: To unlock the iphone I had to flash an ipad baseband onto it. I do not know if this is causing me a problem.

Any help on this would be great as I am trying to sell this thing quickly.

You can even update to 4.3.3 using snow breeze
Once on iPad baseband it can not be undone you will have to always use custom ipsw
And can not ever restore in iTunes to a normal ipsw good thing is if someone does hit the restore if can be fixed
By reloading the custom ipsw file :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro