text messages all screwy!!

lenmac08#IM

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
If I send a text message with biteSMS installed (also Lockinfo, winterboard), the message looks all jumbled. For example, I sent a text intended to say "I want to go" and it came across as saying "I?w?a?n?t? t?o? g?o?".

anyone have a similar issue or a solution/explanation???

lenmac08#IM

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Help.... Still happening! Should I reinstall? Very annoying and my trial period with these apps is running out. Won't buy if the problem continues.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The message is in there but it's got weird characters. Can you post up a screenshot? yeah try a reinstall of BiteSMS then let us know what happens? If it still happens then we'll check your settings.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
do you have the same problem with everyone you text or just this one person? What phone are they receiving the texts on?

lenmac08#IM

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
At&t and Verizon so far. Different phones... No real rhyme or reason... Happens randomly and definitely not all of the time. I am still using the trial version if that matters.

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Are you using any emoticons? Did you try the re-install? What happens if you send from the regular messages app?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I also think it's some misinterpretation between the phones. I have sent from Bite to different carriers, to WP7 phone and it's fine. How about if you just forward back a message does it change? is there any circumstance that it shows up properly?

lenmac08#IM

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
usually my text messages are fine but it's every once in a while that it happens...which is more than it should happen in the first place. I've reinstalled biteSMS and will see if that fixes it. If not, I will manipulate another variable and see if that works. Very annoying... thanks for the thoughts so far, though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73