Slide to unlock

Martavious

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Okay this is driving me nuts. I cannot get the wording 'slide to unlock' off my LockScreen. I've tried several LS themes just to see what handles this and at the best it gets moved over to the right to where it's partially off the screen.

Anyone tell me what in the LS themes removes/hides the wording?

Photo%20Mar%2006%2C%201%2006%2047%20AM.jpg

Thanks

3Gs - 4.2.1 - GP 6.1

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Don't quote me on this, but I think it might be in the springboard strings file. You should find "Slide to Unlock" in quotes; just leave a blank within the quotes.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
LOL boy do I know this, what you need to do is go into the slider theme and under com.apple.springboard\en-proj you'll find a springboard.strings file. You should get the program BBEdit(Mac) I'm not sure what the Windows version would be. The program allows you to open and edit the strings files. Then you need the original strings file from your phone just for reference. I was having a problems with a slider I was customizing where the alarm, alerts, shut down were all shifted to the side. So I customized a strings file to remove all that stuff. If you want PM me and I can send it to you, just like I said above create the folders in your theme and put the strings file I send you there and it will be fixed.

Reactions: Martavious

Martavious

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Ipheuria!

Silly me was using AndroidLockXT and it overrides the LockScreen slider! Lesson learned. Good ol'troubleshooting of untagging one thing at a time, checking all setups, and some great help from Ipheuria!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2