Video Camera not working! help!!

h22artman

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
ok. this started happening to me a week or so ago.
i can open the camera app and use the still camera with no problems. i can toggle to the vid cam just fine. but when i hit record the bar goes gray and nothing is being recorded. no timer in the corner. focus still works. and the flash options work. in record mode.
i cant toggle back to the still camera. you have to exit the app and reopen in order to toggle back.

it happened to me on my limerain JB. after trying a few SSH fixes to no avail i decided to restore the phone and rebreak it with greenpoison.
that process went fine and the video camera was working. until this morning when i noticed its doing the same thing again.

i dont know if its a cydia app thats causing it or what. its bugging the hell out of me cause i cant record my daughter doing silly stuff.

any tips??
solving this would make my week!
please help!!

hades#IM

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Weird.. List what cydia apps you have installed so we can narrow it down. It might also be an issue with GP. Perhaps try restoring and jailbreak with pwnagetool

h22artman

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Weird.. List what cydia apps you have installed so we can narrow it down. It might also be an issue with GP. Perhaps try restoring and jailbreak with pwnagetool

i dont think its an issue with GP, unless Limerain has the same issue.

as for my cydia apps:
activator
animate
bitesms
fastsnap
multicleaner
mywi
sbsettings
springflash
winterboard
and a handful of themes

nothing crazy or out of the normal.

in the meanwhile i'm using camcorder hd (works perfectly) to bypass the problem. i just docked it next to my camera app for quick access.

ograbmE

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I have the exact same problem. Jb iPhone 4 running 4.2.1.

I use three of the same apps which narrowed the list a little....

Animate
BiteSMS
Fastsnap

Turns out removing fastsnap fixes the problem.

Reactions: h22artman

h22artman

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
well i'll be a sunuva*****!!

i tried removing fastsnap when this first happened and it didnt fix the problem.

just removed it again and sure thing. it worked!

thanks!!

Tdeezy

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Yep, the problem is FastSnap!!!

If you updated to FastSnap 1.40, it breaks your video camera. If you downgrade to 1.32, it works again!!! Thanks to the original poster, because I have had this problem for a while and had been using Qik video, which SUCKS and is very glitchy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2