VZ iPhone 4 jailbreak lock screen questions not displaying after respring?

Johnny-5

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi I have a VZ iPhone 4 GP Jailbreaked. Im trying to put my lock screen to tap to unlock and choose the tap to lock theme I wanted and respringed it but its not changing it?

Anyone else encounter issues like this? Picking complete themes work fine. Currently Ive unchecked all themes and using the system default and tried the tap to unlock theme but still showing the slide??

Johnny-5

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Which Tap to unlock are you using? I've used many and they all work. So your other themes work?

The one Im trying to use is "A Nicer Tap To Unlock"

Ive tried a few others but just cant get it to work for me. Im wondeirng if there is a conflict going on with some of my other applications? Is that possible?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
It is possible, do you have anything else checked in Winterboard? Have you tried a reboot? I would say reboot and see if it shows up. I have an iPhone 4 and I tried that slider and it worked fine for me. So there is no issue with the slider. If you have anything in Winterboard try turning everything off so that only the sliders are active and respring. It might be that there is something else whose sliders are over riding the ones you want to use. You can also try removing Winterboard and reinstalling it if none of my suggestions work. I'll check back tomorrow to see what you have tried and what are your results.

Johnny-5

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
It is possible, do you have anything else checked in Winterboard? Have you tried a reboot? I would say reboot and see if it shows up. I have an iPhone 4 and I tried that slider and it worked fine for me. So there is no issue with the slider. If you have anything in Winterboard try turning everything off so that only the sliders are active and respring. It might be that there is something else whose sliders are over riding the ones you want to use. You can also try removing Winterboard and reinstalling it if none of my suggestions work. I'll check back tomorrow to see what you have tried and what are your results.

Hey sorry for the late response. Anyways I have tried reinstalling Winterboard yet. If I do that will I lose any themes or anything Ive downloaded?

As for things Ive done Ive unchecked everything and made sure nothing was active and did a respring and than went back to it and tried just the tap lock feature and respring again nothing. Tried a reboot of the phone nothing. Ive uninstalled certain applications thinking that was my issue and still nothing.

Whats the best way to uninstall and reinstall it? Maybe that may work?

lenmac08#IM

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
having similar issue with "black sliders". Have everything else unchecked in winterboard and have the slider theme as the top theme. Restarted the phone and did a respring. Any other options besides reinstalling winterboard?

lenmac08#IM

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I actually like the "server lock example" theme that comes with winterboard. Anyway to get that as my theme without the little message that they provide about it being "getting loaded off the server" and it being "awesome, huh"

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Hey sorry for the late response. Anyways I have tried reinstalling Winterboard yet. If I do that will I lose any themes or anything Ive downloaded?

As for things Ive done Ive unchecked everything and made sure nothing was active and did a respring and than went back to it and tried just the tap lock feature and respring again nothing. Tried a reboot of the phone nothing. Ive uninstalled certain applications thinking that was my issue and still nothing.

Whats the best way to uninstall and reinstall it? Maybe that may work?

Do you SSH in to your phone? If you do then you can download all your themes to your computer. Then uninstall Winterboard and re-install it. When you do re-install SSH the themes back onto the phone. When you do it put only your slider first and see if it works like it should. So when it works put all the others back on.

Johnny-5

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Do you SSH in to your phone? If you do then you can download all your themes to your computer. Then uninstall Winterboard and re-install it. When you do re-install SSH the themes back onto the phone. When you do it put only your slider first and see if it works like it should. So when it works put all the others back on.

Any directions on how to save it using SSH? Ill try what your stating. Im tempted to even try reinstalling the OS on this as well? Any directions on the best method of doing the back up and uninstall and reinstall of the software?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2