Hide status bar on Lock Screen?

P0stalTek

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys.

Silly question! Is there any way to easily make my status bar not show in the Lock Screen? Using Lock Info 3.0 with the HTC Plugin, so no need for an extra time there.

I have Springclean as well, so I can just remove the time from the status bar that way, but it then doesn't show on the homescreen either. Plus I wouldn't mind the free screen real estate on the lockscreen anyways for those handy notifications. :D

Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I used Lockscreen Clock Hide as suggested by either BLiNK or Massie can't remember who. It only hides the tim on the lockscreen so you still have it on the homescreen.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
regarding the statusbar with SpringClean; not sure if its possible to remove the clock on the lockscreen but have it remain on the unlock

with SpringClean you can have a lock symbol go where the clock would go on the lockscreen and then have the clock visible in the statusbar when unlocked... hope this makes sense :D

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Wait, do you want just the time gone from the lockscreen status bar, or do you want the entire status bar gone?

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I'd like the clock gone, and just show the RAM, but Springclean doesn't get rid of the clock, neither in the lockscreen or homescreen :(

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I'd like the clock gone, and just show the RAM, but Springclean doesn't get rid of the clock, neither in the lockscreen or homescreen :(

it does :) turn off status free mem in sbsettings (downside is no RAM will be displayed)

Settings>SpringClean>Statusbar>Lock On Clock>OFF

then

Settings>SpringClean>Statusbar>Advanced Items>Time Display>OFF

Respring

this how i currently have mine set up since i am freeing up mem constantly anyways. let me know if you get it working

edit: i use LiveClock to tell the time when in unlock mode. still cannot tell if it is a battery drainer or not..

Last edited:

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
it does :) turn off status free mem in sbsettings (downside is no RAM will be displayed)

Settings>SpringClean>Statusbar>Lock On Clock>OFF

then

Settings>SpringClean>Statusbar>Advanced Items>Time Display>OFF

Respring

this how i currently have mine set up since i am freeing up mem constantly anyways. let me know if you get it working

edit: i use LiveClock to tell the time when in unlock mode. still cannot tell if it is a battery drainer or not..

Yes that worked, but like you said, no more RAM display. Looks kinda bare on my status bar now lol. As you can tell from my screenshot, I got the Sense widget with the clock, so I don't need it in my status bar too.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Yes that worked, but like you said, no more RAM display. Looks kinda bare on my status bar now lol. As you can tell from my screenshot, I got the Sense widget with the clock, so I don't need it in my status bar too.

a while back i looked for ways to show available RAM only and didn't have any luck.. still searching. i'll let you know if i find anything :)

P0stalTek

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I've attached a screenshot so you can see what im looking for. My status bar is at the top with no time. I removed it with spring clean. However, this solution leaves me with no time when my phone is unlocked.

Ultimately, I'd prefer to hide the status bar completely on the lock screen I think, but any option that shows no time on the lockscreen bit leaves one on my homescreen would be great.

Thanks for the responses :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Lock On Clock on Lockscreen | Time showing when Unlocked - via SpringClean

Settings>SpringClean>Statusbar>Lock On Clock>On

then make sure Settings>SpringClean>Statusbar>Advanced Item>Time Display>ON

unless something in sbsettngs is conflicting, that should do it

P0stalTek

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I did respring. It shows the Lock just to the left of the Time. When I unlock it the FIRST time after a respring, I see the Time disappear for a split second before it arrives on the Home Screen. But the time remains when it locks again.

That's why I do feel like it's some sort of conflict (possibly with SBSettings) like you mentioned in an earlier post.

P0stalTek

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Once again, you've done it. Thanks BLiNK :) I have just the lock on the lock screen, but my time remains when unlocked!

I'd rep you, but I have to spread it around first :(

Martavious

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I'd love to remove the status bar from the LockScreen too. Found old (2009) app in Cydia 'SB Hidden StatusBar' that would read as if it could do that from everywhere but it's old and not updated. Also doesn't specify LS vs SB. So it could be possible but hasn't been done?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
sorry guys, apparently i don't pay attention very well haha

for iOS 4.xx there is a tweak called ModMyi.com | Transparent StatusBar for iOS 4 this is what i use

f2sxw0.jpg

P0stalTek

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Stop posting yours, you are seriously making my OCD come out :D How did you manage to make the folder Icon's transparent.. mine show a black/gray checkboard but are transparent when I open the folder.

Closed Folder:
b7e7ea47.jpg

Open Folder:
9f5eb555.jpg

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
haha! yours looks good man! its called FolderEnhancer and its amazing!

i found that tweaking my theme every day was very time consuming so that's why i went back to the stock simplistic set up, for now..

i needed my free time for other things, but i don't mind helping :D :D

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro