serious problem with data connection

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I am jailbroken with my verizon iPhone and I am losing 3G data connection randomly ever since. I live in Chicago where Verizon is great and all I have full signal sometimes when the data just goes out!

Do you think this is jailbroken related? Or do you think this could possibly be hardware related?

I am going to restore back to factory tonight and see if its affected the same moving forward, just curious if anyone else heard of this before?!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I doubt it's JB related but you've taken the right step. Just restore and see if you still have the drop in data connection. If you do still get the drop then take it in and have it replaced. If you don't have the problem you have the choice of JBing again and see if you start having the problem or just staying vanilla.

May 6, 2010
Visit site
To be honest...I backed out of doing to full restore and re jailbreaking everything. Instead, I took a different route in which I found someone with a similar problem that I was having but with ATT. This person said to reset your network settings and see if that works.

settings>general>reset>reset network settings

I did this last night so I have very limited real world proof yet. But I am going to use the phone in the places where I had issues before and see what comes of it. I'll have an update coming

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner