Jailbreak & App Store

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
After JBing and setting up everything, i've gotten some updates for apps that were installed pre-jailbreak. App store and iTunes will not let me install the upgrades. These apps are not in Cydia. Is there any way to get the upgrades without restoring the phone, and then JBing again?

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
After JBing and setting up everything, i've gotten some updates for apps that were installed pre-jailbreak. App store and iTunes will not let me install the upgrades. These apps are not in Cydia. Is there any way to get the upgrades without restoring the phone, and then JBing again?

So iTunes on the computer doesn't allow you to download the update either?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
You could try deleting the app from your iTunes library, and then trying to download the update again. Or are you saying that the update works in iTunes, but won't sync to your phone? (That last post isn't quite clear.)

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
You could try deleting the app from your iTunes library, and then trying to download the update again. Or are you saying that the update works in iTunes, but won't sync to your phone? (That last post isn't quite clear.)

That's it. ITunes says it's in there, but it won't sync to my phone.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Well you could just delete it on your phone and let it re-sync, so it will use the new version.

What happens if it doesn't re-sync with the phone? I might just let it go until the new operating system comes out. I'd rather be safe than sorry. Thanks.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious, does it let you download new apps that you've never downloaded before?

I can download new apps into itunes, but not on to the phone. The only way to get new apps, after JB, is with Cydia. Don't get me wrong, Cydia has thousands of super apps, and a lot that you can't get from the App Store. I don't mind waiting for a new OS so i can restore, but soon after that i'll JB this phone again. It is sooo much better than leaving it stock.:)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Since you can now jailbreak 4.2, I would go ahead and restore your phone as new, and do the jailbreak again. That just shouldn't be happening.

Reactions: anon(631531)

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Since you can now jailbreak 4.2, I would go ahead and restore your phone as new, and do the jailbreak again. That just shouldn't be happening.

I restored the phone, and everything synced perfectly. I got all my updated apps. It had to be the JB that was keeping me from getting my updates through the iTunes App Store. I believe Cydia became my "app store", and it blocked my updates. I'll JB tomorrow, and have all my goodies back. Just a heads up in case this happens to anyone else...the message i received before i restored said...unknown error OxE8000041. Have no idea what that is or what it means.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2