Predictions for iPhone 5 & iOS 5

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I agree. I don't think live icons or widgets will affect live that much...

I'd trade a few minutes a battery life for something like this, makes Apple's weather icon look like something made by a cave man. This is from the new LG Optimus 2x.

iPhoneGleek

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I wish Apple would make Spotlight on iOS more useful. Maybe add WebOS Just Type like features. I think it would be cool to be able to have Just Type on my iPhone in some form.

YouTube - Palm Pre- Just Type- HP webOS 2.0.flv

Sorry for poor video quality, it was the only vid I could really find that focused on just type.

I dont think that would be as useful (for the lack of a better word) sure i can see how it could be done but ehh i dont think itd be uttilized well with the all touch screen UI of the iphone.

P0stalTek

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
To be honest, if they make the screen bigger I'd stick with my iP4 as long as I could. One of the major selling points of the phone to me personally is that it isn't huge like some of the android offerings.

I have an iPad if the screen size is needed, I'd much prefer my phone to be small enough to keep it's great portability that a cell phone should have. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndroidFresh

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
on the next ios i would like themes possible without a jailbreak, the ability to put a signiture in your sms like in email...and an app that would scratch my a** for me would be nice but its not a deal breaker

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I think the most important aspect that everyone has missed thus far, as far as predictions go, is the price! I couldn't find one comment on here about price! I saw a few places that it may go for about 500$ for a 64gb model. I guess depending on how much memory the different models are, will depend on the price. Also, depending on the other features will determine the price.

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Right now i have the iPhone 4 and really can't wait for the next generation iPhone to come out. Here are my predictions for the next iPhone 5.

iPhone 5 Hardware:
-Same Design but instead will have aluminum back & black apple logo to match the iPad design
-5 or 8 megapixel camera
-Notification light on the home button
-Proximity Sensor will be "fully" fixed
-Bigger Speaker Grill
-iPhone antenna design will be the same for both Verizon and AT&T except SIM card slot will be added for the AT&T version.
-Will be available in 32GB and 64GB
-More RAM and Faster Processor

iPhone 5 Software (iOS 5):
-Notification system will be better
-Mobile Me will be free
-Widgets will be implemented when you double click the home button, similar to dashboard on Mac
-Social Networking will be integrated with contacts
-The weather app will have a live icon, similar to the calendar icon
-Spotlight Search will allow searching in Google Maps
-Voice control will be system wide in text fields
-You will have your own login account when your turn on your iOS device. This would be beneficial for the iPad because if you have multiple people using your iPad you can have each account with it's own settings, saved games, and apps.
-You will be able to delete each individual call history. Right now you only have the option to delete your whole call log.
-Game Center will be updated so all your games will be synced to each iOS device so this way you don't have to start all over in a game on another device you can just pick up where you left off.
-Photo Booth, iWorks, iPhoto will be announced for iPad 2 and iPhone 4, iPhone 5, and iPod 4th Gen.
-iPhoto will allow for basic photo editing
-Photo Booth will allow for live video & picture effects with the front facing camera.
-Camera app will be updated to support live picture effects on video & pictures.
-Text Messaging app will allow the option to show each individual time & date reports.

These are my predictions of what the future of iPhone and iOS 5 will be. All these things might not be implemented in the next generation but I think somewhere down the road we will see a lot of these features on future iOS devices.

Let me know what you think in the comments....or let me know what other predictions or hopes you might have.

Thanks,
Dominick

I like a lot of your ideas , Especially for the hardware. However, a long with a bigger speaker grill, i hope they make it louder and reposition the speaker because there will probably be more interference.

Log in account I see more so with iPad only because the iPhone is a phone , its suppose to be more personal than a computer. iPad is like a minivan and a iPhone is like a coupe =] occasionally a friend comes a long...

I like the light in the home button. If Apple can find a LED that is extremely efficient then they may do it.

Rene stole of these ideas for his article lol ...

edit: He also spoke about a notification widget that will show up when you double press the home bottom for multitasking, that would be a dream. Less intrusive message alerts. I mentioned that the top bar can expand to 2x it's size and can definitely temporarily be a place to preview messages ( if the phone isn't in a full screen game mode )

Usually every year I make a list of things Apple can do to improve the following iPhone but I gave up. I know I want AirDrop an File manager.

Last edited:

wrxnfx

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
After seeing what the iPad2 is, I have this feeling that the iPhone5 will be coming later in the year. I would agree that it would be a 4G phone on both networks if it comes out at the end of summer or sometime in fall. This would allow Apple time to see how the 4G networks work and would come across nicer to the new VZ iPhone customers. The way I see it, Apple knows they have the upper hand and probably has the most perfect device already made, but they are just stringing everyone along to keep us upgrading. Until the other competing devices start upping the ante or until a redesign is needed, Apple will cruise along with small upgrades to the iPhones.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
After seeing what the iPad2 is, I have this feeling that the iPhone5 will be coming later in the year. I would agree that it would be a 4G phone on both networks if it comes out at the end of summer or sometime in fall. This would allow Apple time to see how the 4G networks work and would come across nicer to the new VZ iPhone customers. The way I see it, Apple knows they have the upper hand and probably has the most perfect device already made, but they are just stringing everyone along to keep us upgrading. Until the other competing devices start upping the ante or until a redesign is needed, Apple will cruise along with small upgrades to the iPhones.

The most common time frame that i saw for the iPhone 5 was in June or July. So i doubt it will come much later than that. Now i think that if it does come out in June or July, it won't be a 4g phone purely because 4g isn't available in alot of places. However, if they really really want an iPhone that works off 4g, then they may wait a little bit longer to release it like around the fall. (by then 4g will be more available)

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
on the next ios i would like themes possible without a jailbreak, the ability to put a signiture in your sms like in email...and an app that would scratch my a** for me would be nice but its not a deal breaker

Personally feel text message signatures are for 15 year old girls. I don't need a signature to let people know who I'm texting. I don't usually text people who aren't in my contacts list.

wrxnfx

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The most common time frame that i saw for the iPhone 5 was in June or July. So i doubt it will come much later than that. Now i think that if it does come out in June or July, it won't be a 4g phone purely because 4g isn't available in alot of places. However, if they really really want an iPhone that works off 4g, then they may wait a little bit longer to release it like around the fall. (by then 4g will be more available)

I could see this as a possibility, too. If not a 4G phone, then just some slight incremental changes. Apple knows that even though the iPhone isn't 4G, there is still enough demands for it. At this point, I think consumers value the coolness, ease of use, usefulness, & fun factor of the iPhone over speed of data.

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
-Improved notifications
-Ability in organize photos
-Ability to video record in widescreen while holding the phone in any position
-pop up text reply
- ringer profiles
-rotating springboard
-better auto correct
-wifi sync with iTunes
- faster access to toggle radio features

Crucial_Xtreme

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
As of right now, the new iPhone is scheduled to launch the same time as it has in previous years. It's not going to be late summer or anything. It'll release in mid-to late June. Expect lots of NFC goodness as well. And different than other manufacturers have tried to date, we're talking about Apple here. And LTE is too immature for Apple currently. Wouldn't expect a 4G iPhone until next year.

Reactions: Garz

andyheron

Mar 4, 2011
twitter.com
I don't think they'll change the size or shape, however I do believe they'll change the GSM version so the volume keys and silent switch are in the same place as the CDMA version so all cases fit all iPhones!

breakmedown

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Personally feel text message signatures are for 15 year old girls. I don't need a signature to let people know who I'm texting. I don't usually text people who aren't in my contacts list.

I completely agree with that.

Themes would be nice, but that would add quite a bit of bulk to an already huge Apple Store.

I think the option for a less intrusive alert is great, as well.

I definitely think the AT&T version should have LTE capable. I could see where Verizon might not because their 3G network is so drastically different than LTE. Though, doing one LTE and not the other might really make people angry. But if you released the AT&T one in the summer and the Verizon one in the winter. Then they could release both of them as LTE.

zdkaram#IM

Mar 31, 2009
Visit site
The look, size, screen etc is perfect. Only thing to add are some of the apps and advantages that are available in the Jailbreak. I would rather not jailbreak (too exhausting) and have those customizations available.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods