What all can you change by Jailbreaking?

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a Pre, I was "homebrewed" but I didn't TOO involved in much besides patches. How hardcore is this Jailbreaking thing?

I guess you can't change the main screen when you wake up and unlock to not have icons all over it, and be like a popup menu instead like WebOS was?

thunderkeys

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
You can change quite a bit. Never seen WebOS, but there are Springboard replacements available in the Cydia store (Pogo Plank comes to mind). Also, LockInfo can replace the default homescreen so you have a "Today" view there instead of apps.

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
The easier question would be "what can't you change"? You can nearly change anything, if you put your mind to it, on a JB'd iPhone.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok, thanks!

I was reading the how-to's so I might try it. I am a little anxious about it bec it sounds so easy to brick the phone...but I guess once you get that cydia thing on there with something like greensnOw you are set.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
LOL yeah there are alot of tools you can use to JB Greenpois0n  If you want to see the kinds of things you can do go into the other JB forum and look at the lockscreen threads. It's pretty hard to bricm the phone now because like was said reloading the OS will take you back to scratch. If you get to a point where you just can't restore the OS then you can post here or just takeit to Apple and get the phone replaced. Just don't tell them you JB it's not illegal but it is frowned upon by Apple.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Apple frowns upon a lot of things. But I need their computers for my work. This is just a natural extension.

I see there are so many options for jailbreaking, programs and stuff. You mentioned greenpoison, and I see some other options too...what's the difference?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro