1. pegasusl's Avatar
    Newbie here with an Iphone4 on 4.2.1 in the UK on Orange network.

    Still un-jailbroken. I have read that jailbreaking 4.2.1 is "currently" unreversible is this true? Also I have read that the current jailbreak for 4.2.1 has a good chance of crippling the GPS function of the iPhone, is this true as I use GPS loads...

    Tempted to try but scared I'll lose important features/functions and not be able to go backwards.

    REALLY sorry if this is answered somewhere but I cant find anything.

    Many thanks all

    02-13-2011 06:39 AM
  2. Alli's Avatar
    Any jailbreak can be undone by restoring as new.

    I haven't heard anyone mentioning GPS issues after jailbreaking on 4.2.1 (only iBook issues).
    02-13-2011 12:33 PM
  3. Ipheuria's Avatar
    There were issues reported but if I remember cirrectly that was when the JB was tethered. When you get info like that that obviously wasn't completely true you should come to a forum like this and read some threads. You would have found your answers quicker than posting and waiting. So 4.2 is untethered so if you don't care about unlock then use Greenpois0n or if you have to be unlocked then use pwnage tool. Alli already told you to undo the jailbreak do an upgrade/restore.
    02-13-2011 01:56 PM
  4. pegasusl's Avatar
    Thanks to you both. I had read as many threads in here as I could (it was in fact in here that I red about the GPS issues, and the unreversability of the JB) but couldn't find a clear thread disspelling these issues. Thats why I decided to post the question, it was not lazyness, just concerns.

    As I said I'm a newbie and really dont want to wreck what is a unit that fulfills 97% of my needs, if to obtain the other 3% might cost me in functionality in other ways.
    02-13-2011 03:38 PM