3 hours jailbreaking/unlocking-not working

4boostin

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I'm and old geezer trying to figure out how to use my 3G iphone on T-Mobile. I'm wondering if it would have been better to pay someone the $20 bucks at this point!:confused:

My phone: 3G 4.2.1 & 05.15.04. I went the the iClarified website and selected How to Jailbreak and Unlock Your iPhone 3G Using RedSn0w (Windows) [4.2.1] It was the only option I could see for a 3G & Windows.

I followed the instructions 3 times, and it never gave me the option to upload the iPad base band which was in the instructions. The process jumped ahead of that step to the button pushing steps. After pushing the buttons, it did show the pineapple thingy, and the data was scrolling up the screen and doing what ever. I have Cydia on my phone now and updated Cydia via wifi, but I have no service and cannot make calls.

How do I get and install the iPad base band so I can get it to work on T-Mobile? Apparently it's not unlocked??

Any help would be appreciated!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You will not be able to because it's not unlocked right now just Jailbroken. When you ran Redsn0w there is a screen that has a whole ton of options like install cydia, enable multi-tasking(which you shouldn't on a 3G anyway). Did you get those options? one of the options is to use the iPad baseband unless you check the option it wont ask you to point to the iPad baseband. So try it again and look for that option and make sure you have the iPad baseband on your hard drive.

PS
On T-Mo you have to turn off the 3G before you start the JB and until you've unlocked it.

4boostin

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Where can I get the iPad baseband?

Where can I get the iPad baseband? That's what I didn't have. I assumed it was in the redsn0w jailbreak/unlock.....just trying to follow the instructions. I got the options to install cydia, and it was the only one selected along with battery percentage.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner