my reboot into safe mode issue [fixed]

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
well, my OCD got the best of me again. originally i had jailbroke with GP_B2 and then ran GP_B4 on top of it in hopes to eliminate my boot into safe mode issue and a minor battery problem as well

so i decided to start all over (restore as new)..again, used the latest greenpois0n build (B4) and one by one added all of my apps/tweaks and rebooted after each install (yes, this took quite some time)

however, it paid off. apparently the statusbar tweak i have been using with my redsn0w JB, and was fine then, was the culprit

SpringClean and just for fun i tried ModMyi.com | CleanStatus

both were causing the same exact issue; long reboot times and booting straight into safe mode. i emailed the dev of SpringClean to see if there might be any support for this. hopefully there will be, i actually liked that tweak

anyways, i wanted to get this out there just in case someone else ran into this issue and will not have to go through the process i did

Reactions: Fofer

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
the Dev for SpringClean did email me back letting me know that he is aware of this issue and sent me a .deb file with a change in code, but alas it still had the same issue

i believe he was traveling and could not get completely into fixing this as of yet but he will be updating the cydia version, at a later date, with some betas to eliminate this issue

look at that, a Dev that follows up on his work.. more than i can say for the FoldersInFolders compatibility with Gridlock debacle

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
well, the SpringClean Dev sent me a fixed .deb file and this time it worked. no more lengthy reboots and no more boot into safe mode, yay! there are also some additional tweaks he has added with this new update

not sure when he'll release it to the public but if anyone wants the .deb beta just PM me your email

Note: this is a paid app, so you will had to of paid for it already before it will work

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Good on you, alot of people look for fixes and as soon as they get it not only don't they update the thread to say how they fixed it. They also disappear from the forums.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm having the same issue and I have NO idea what is causing it :\

do you have any tweaks for your status bar?

i would probably start removing anything to do with your theme one by one and reboot after each time in hopes to finding what exactly is causing the crash

frozinwater

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
do you have any tweaks for your status bar?

i would probably start removing anything to do with your theme one by one and reboot after each time in hopes to finding what exactly is causing the crash

I think i figured it out. For some reason after i restored my apt backup, Activator had a lot of app functions activated on the taskbar. So i removed all of them and just set one for sb settings and infoshade and now everything works fine. Thanks a lot.