What if...

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
What if a miracle happend and Apple looked at all the JB apps and brought it to iOS. So the messaging system was like BiteSMS with custom tones and all. There was lockinfo type info on the lockscreen which you could customize through settings. There were themes which you could apply using the "Springboard" app. There were user developed themes sold in the app store. The swipe across the top bar brought down the settings menu allowing you to turn settings on and off easily just like SBSettings. The million dollar question would you still jailbreak? Why?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I have to honestly say that I wouldn't if they provided those things because for me that is all I need from a JB. The iOS would allow me enough customization and ease of use at that point that I wouldn't need to JB anymore. I know alot of users have said why not have an advanced switch so when you flip it that would allow you to theme and use custom tones etc. I'm wondering sure Apple wants to keep it simple for the majority of the market so instead why not make an advanced iOS? It would be a different version of the OS specifically for more advanced users that wouldn't be available through iTunes. It would let you theme, use custom tones, install advanced software that Apple could monitor. If some general Joe installed and had problems tech support would simply tell them to hook up to iTunes and press Restore Basic or something like that, seems like the best of both worlds to me.

crystus

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
I would still jailbreak because there are apps that no matter what changed at Apple they would never allow. Though it would be nice for Apple to make these changes it is but a pipe dream to hope for them.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I know Apple would never do any of it but I'm just wondering how many users would give up the jailbreak for that functionality.

C4D_m0nk3y

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
If Apple did everything that you mentioned at the top, I would stop JB. While it is cool to have facetime on my 3Gs (the kids love it when we video chat with Mom), LockInfo, SBSettings are the reasons why I jailbreak. Infinidock is cool too because I don't like hunting for icons. On my PC, I have most of my commonly used icons in the Quick Launch folder so I don't have to go hunting for them. Do that, and I'm golden.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner