Greenpois0n JB battery problem

f1l4

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Jailbreaked for first time, everything went fine (iPhone4 4.2.1) with Greenpois0n for Windows. Installed just Lockinfo and SBSettings.

I charged my phone to 100% at 11:45 p.m., disconnected and went to bed.
In the morning, around 8 a.m. battery was at 84%, that was strange. Charged again to 100%, and now battery percentage is dropping fast.

When I checked at Settings>General>Usage it said:

Usage: 5 Hours, 46 Minutes
Standby: 5 Hours, 46 Minutes

This is not normal for sure, it means that something is running all the time and it never happened before jailbreak.
Somebody with same problem?

FrekeyZeeky

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I seem to be having battery issues as well after installing greenpoison but it could be because it is a brand new battery and needs time to set in.

Also make sure you close out any programs such as safari, pandora, etc. when you are done using them by pressing the home button twice, holding down on the program you want to close and pressing the X button.

I am going to give it a couple more days before I get too worried

f1l4

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
My battery is 2 months old and worked ok before jailbreak.

I closed all programs plus I killed all processes in SBSettings.
Still my Usage and Standby time is same, now 6 Hours, 49 Minutes both.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I just updated to 4.2 and did the GP j/b and my battery is so much better than it was.

I had the same thing on my iPad. I went to OEM before doing the JB and had it on OEM for a day and the battery was draining with the OEM software horribly. After I did the GP JB I was amazed that it went back to the stupendous iPad battery life. I would say the battery life is even a little better.

If you're having problems with your battery life and it's early in the JB I would say redo the JB now that it's been awhile and it's probably a little more stable.

I've said this before, in my opinion the phone battery life is better if you don't quit the apps through the app switcher/task manager. I'm OCD and after using the phone normally for awhile I became obsessed with quitting the apps routinely throughout the day 3 or 4 times. I thought this would lead to better battery life because they weren't running in the background. Well I don't know if that makes it less efficient because the phone is programmed to handle the apps itself but I found that when I was quitting the apps the battery life was actually worst. I couldn't believe this so I decided to stop for awhile and see, well low and behold my battery life was acceptable again. So now the only time I use the app switcher to quit an app is if the app is misbehaving.

Raja2837

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I believe any Jailbreak does cause battery to be a lil worse then normal prob caused by all the tweaks you can set up but its still worth it and i still easily get an entire day of heavy usage without having to charge.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Lockinfo has active feeds for mail and such, so that may drain the battery! But like Alli and Ipheuria, my battery life is oddly better after JB'ing with Greenpois0n 4.2.1 RC3

iRandom

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
If you jailbroke with Greenpois0n RC5 b2, then try jailbreaking over with Greenpois0n RC5 b4. That fixed my battery problem

ek9max

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
If you jailbroke with Greenpois0n RC5 b2, then try jailbreaking over with Greenpois0n RC5 b4. That fixed my battery problem

Do I have to restore it to a fresh wipe?

Or did you just jailbreak it over your current?

And what kind of battery problem did you have?

FrekeyZeeky

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
When was b4 released? I jailbroke on Monday and I am still having major drainage issues. Dropped 10% on my 30 minutes bus ride into work just from surfing the web and having pandora running

superakcraig

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I too have been experiencing this issue since I jailbroke my 3GS this past Saturday using Greenpois0n RC5 B2.

I uninstalled SBsettings thinking this might be the culprit but it still continues.

The only other items I have installed are Cydia itself and Winterboard(which have no themes activated at the moment).

For obvious reasons it appears to run down much faster when using the web but it didn't loose juice this fast before the jailbreak, this I am sure of.

Last edited:

Martavious

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I didn't restore. I just did it over again with the new Greenpois0n.
So if you run the JB again with the new build, does this require you to redo any of the work done so far setting up the phone the way I like it? I just JB my phone for the first time ever last Friday and am totally converted to the JB ways but I'm not ready to redo everything.

Update: Nevermind. I went ahead and ran the newest JB build and it worked great right on top of the previous one.

Last edited:

C4D_m0nk3y

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
My battery life was abysmal after the JB. Before I JB, I could unplug the phone at 5:45AM and 12 hours later when I got home be at 65%. If I didn't geek out after the kids go to bed, I could go another day. Now, I can even go 12 hours without charging on my way home from work. I've uninstalled some of the JB apps one at a time to find the culprit. I haven't yet found the one program that would do it.

I have Lockinfo with weather & todo, Infinidock, SBSettings (sitting out today), iFile, MyOS as well as the standards. (Cydia, MobileTerminal, OpenSSH) I was using MyOS to turn multitasking off, so after reading Ipheuria's post, I will turn it on and see what happens.

For the record, I have uninstalled (and reinstalled) the following apps after I discovered they were not the culprit:
Lockinfo and all plugins
SBSettings

**UPDATE: I ran the b4 version overtop of b2 and so far, I seem to be doing OK. Phone's been unplugged for 2 hours and was at 100% until I checked my RSS feeds. Seems to be a good start to the day so far.

**UPDATE2: No dice. iPhone was fully charged at 10:30PM and was at 65% this morning. My next trick is to uninstall all of the apps (except Cydia) and see once and for all if its something I installed, or the process itself.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro