iPhone 3G keeps rebooting after JB and unlock

dt81

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

I was helping a friend with her iPhone 3G because she must have done something in tunes to upgrade but it was prompting her with the "invalid sim card" error. Well I did the hacktivation with redsn0w and also installed the 6.16.00 baseband install with redsn0w. We went into cydia and installed Ultrasn0w..Now it starts up goes to the homescreen but then retarts and does this over and over....Any suggestions?

dt81

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Well the rebooting stopped but now with her tmobile card in it says no service and cant make a phone call. How can u check to see if the unlock was successful or not?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You ca check in Cydia under manage if ultrasn0w is installed. Even if it is installed I would redo the unlock. I don't know how you did the unlock but go to iClarified, search for my username, I've put the link in a dozen threads already. Then go into tutorials, then iPhone and look for unlock to make sure you're doing it right.

dt81

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Ipheuria, will do that. I'm pretty sure I did it right, I followed the tutorial over at iphone-dev..

dt81

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Well, these instructions say to turn of 3G if she is a tmobile user...We didn't turn 3G off because we weren't instructed to on the site we read from.. What does that mean if we didnt? Turn it off and then do it again?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I would remove it from Cydia then redo it with the 3G disabled. I mean you would have to redo the unlock in my opinion anyway

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR