Unjailbreak iphone3gs help

QuisyBaby

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
OKAY,
So i have a jailbroken iphone3gs and i am trying to unjailbreak the phone, but everything i do doesn't seem to work. here are the details:

- i used redsn0w_win_0.9.6b6 program
-Firmware is 4.2.1
- installed Baseband is 05.15.04-6.4_M3S2

i keep getting put back to the plug iphone into itunes screen, i just want a normal iphone, if that is possible.

Help please!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
We need a little more information. How are you trying to restore the phone? On order to remove the Jailbreak you just have to restore the phone. You can plug the phone in and under iTunes click Restore, you can also just put the phone into restore mode by turning the phone off have iTunes open and plug the USB cable in keep holding the Home button. iTunes will say it founf a phone in restore mode and you click restore. The final way is to put the phone into DFU mode, this allows you to load the firmware onto the phone without loading the firmware on the phone already.

QuisyBaby

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for responding, i want to restore it to default, as if i just bought the phone. So i did the dfu, then held shift in itunes, and used a "iPhone2,1_4.2.1_8C148a_Restore", through itunes, but when the process is done i get an 1015 error..

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Why are you restoring from an ipsw? just do a normal restore via iTunes. I went through the steps in my reply.

Jon Seals

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
If you unlocked using redsn0w and the iPad baseband, your iPhone is dead until devs find a way to downgrade the baseband.
So to sum it up, you're out of luck, all you can do is wait.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
He said his baseband above and it's not the iPad baseband. The pwnage tool was just released that will create ipsw for the 3Gs so shoot me a PM I'll make you one. I say JB with the ipsw and then after that do an update/upgrade or restore in iTunes. I have never had any problems using pwnage tool.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73