Greenpois0n UNTETHERED 4.2.1 JailBreak just released

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Question? My main computer is my Dell laptop. Can I uses my sisters Mac just to jailbreak my phone or do I have to wait for the PC version? Thanks in advanced.

If you have access to a MAC then you can go for it, you don't have to wait.

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I got Greenpois0n to jailbreak. Restarted my iPhone, loader app was there, startd loader and it goes "loading sources" then I get an error that I must make sure I'm connected to the internet which I know for sure my connection is working properly

@pod2g says loader will start working again once greenpois0n.com is back online.

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Damn didn't work for me, I was on a tethered JB on my iPad. I got it as soon as I heard about it. I tried to JB and it didn't work just got stuck. So I put it into DFU and restored to OEM firmware. I tried again and no dice it froze my MBP, I had to hard boot. I tried once more without my virtual Windows running and the same thing it just sits there for 10 or 15 minutes and then crashes. Oh well I'll wait until next week or 4.3

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
It might have something to due with the servers for greenpois0n being down also, maybe try again this weekend when the traffic on their site has slowed down a bit.

Pocobear

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I have the "Loader" and I have tried "redsn0w", it finishes, but no Cydia. Am I suppose to have the "Greenpois0n" icon on the iPad (4.2.1) while booting?? When I tap "Loader", it says loading, however I don't see any wifi activity on the status bar like I usually do when something is trying to download, like it's not even trying to connect to anything.

Last edited:

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
This is still a fresh release, still buggy. Might have to wait for an updated release before all these loader problems, and the wifi icon problems are fixed.

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
How about more detailed instructions for those of us that barely can turn on a mac?

I got terminal open, did the sudo but the rest of what you said is impossible to figure out such as "open as "Show package contents""

huh??

I think I figured out a part of my problem. I ended up at How To Jailbreak iPhone 4 On iOS 4.2.1 | The Iphone Spot (sorry, cant post url as this is my first post here and it won't let me post link) which had this comment:

Run that new Greenpoisi0n with root access like this:
1: Open terminal, type sudo(space)
2: Then go to a finder window and goto the location you downloaded Greenpoisi0n RC5_2, open as "Show package contents" then goto MacOS, and drag "greenpoisi0n" into terminal.
3: make sure theres not an extra space after the file is placed into terminal, if there is; a simple backspace will take care of it.
4: Hit enter.

You are now running Greenpoisi0n in root. ...

When I did this I was able to watch the process details in the terminal window which stalled when it came to this line "Preparing to fetch DFU image from Apple's servers"

It could not fetch that because my Mac is not online! I live in a remote location and use the iPad to get online via MIWI! So, at least for me, my failed install might be related to this step. Though, I'm not sure why I was getting a completed message in my earlier attempts. I think it is assumed that everyone doing this jailbreak are online but it is not state as a requirement.

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone had issues downloading SBSettings on 4.2.1? I can't get it to work for the life of me. I got Bitesms and Mywi working.

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Greenpois0n website is down right now. Do you think they are going to have the Windows version out tomorrow? Does anyone know the confirmed date for the Windows version yet?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I used the 2nd release. It worked smoothly first time, and installed Cydia with no issues.

My biggest issue was restoring as new from my previous j/b!

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I used the 2nd release. It worked smoothly first time, and installed Cydia with no issues.

My biggest issue was restoring as new from my previous j/b!

I used this 8 hours ago and still don't see Cydia in the Loader app....

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
While I wish I could afford a new Mac, the vast majority of us are still waiting since we don't own one, don't know why they don't release them at the same time..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR