Greenpois0n UNTETHERED 4.2.1 JailBreak just released

luckydwg

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Having the same issue. How did you get Cydia to show up? Is there another way to get Cydia on my phone? I've restarted several times and hit the loader app several times and nothing gives me Cydia! Help!

I am still having the same problem this morning. Going to try to jailbreak again.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I can't get it to work either. Gets stuck on intialized GreenPois0n and nada. But before it I get this: Unable to fing gBdevList
Unable to find fsmount
Unable to find fsunmount
Unable to find fsloadfile

I Have to admit this is my first time trying a jailbreak so please forgive me noobness on this.

I've been jailbreaking for a while and I'm getting the same thing. Not a "noob" thing haha.

Reactions: emtal233

morgantm89

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
I've been jailbreaking for a while and I'm getting the same thing. Not a "noob" thing haha.

I got the same thing. First you have to go into the host file on your computer and make sure the 'gs.apple.com' line is removed.

Then put your iPhone into DFU mode before running the jailbreak, hold the home button, then run the Greenpoision app. Continue holding the home button the entire time its jailbreaking until you see the letters running down the screen. I had to do it 5 times before it worked.

Last edited:

geekinthegarden

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I?ve tried several times. The process seems to go well and I get the message that the jailbreak is complete and the ipad reboots. I?m not seeing the loader icon. I think also this is supposed to be installing a modded apple icon at start-up which I?m not seeing. My guess is the process is not working but I?m not seeing any kind of error. I follow the prompts and hold the buttons and release at the specified time. Screen goes dark, greenpoison seems to recognize that iPad is in DFU mode and does it?s thing. Some have suggested holding tho home button for an extended period beyond the point when it says completed but when i do that eventually I just end up with the plug into itunes screen on the iPad which means, I think, that it has gone into recovery mode.
I?ve tried this, probably 8-10 times and something is obviously wrong.

Triplock

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
It took me several tries but I finally completed the jailbreak on my iPad. When I launch Loader there's no Cydia. At this point I think I'm jailbroken but don't know of a way to confirm that. I get the apple icon when I reboot. Aside from a Loader icon I don't know for sure if it's jailbroken or not but I assume it is. Anyone know of a surefire way to tell if it's been done properly?

I'll feel better once I can get Cydia installed but despite many attempts with Loader it's just not happening.

morgantm89

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
It took me several tries but I finally completed the jailbreak on my iPad. When I launch Loader there's no Cydia. At this point I think I'm jailbroken but don't know of a way to confirm that. I get the apple icon when I reboot. Aside from a Loader icon I don't know for sure if it's jailbroken or not but I assume it is. Anyone know of a surefire way to tell if it's been done properly?

I'll feel better once I can get Cydia installed but despite many attempts with Loader it's just not happening.

Do you see the skull icon when you start it up? Try running redsn0w to install Cydia that way, it should work.

The Rambler

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Well I am having a different issue, Greenp0ison tells me that jailbrake is complete but there is no Loader on the home screen.... Am I doing something wrong?????

Vydar

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
this sucks, I have a mac, but it is a powerbook g4 so it will not let me run greenpoison, so I now have to wait for the windows version. Dang.

CarrieC

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Question? My main computer is my Dell laptop. Can I uses my sisters Mac just to jailbreak my phone or do I have to wait for the PC version? Thanks in advanced.

geekinthegarden

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Mac must be online to do jailbreak?

I think I figured out a part of my problem. I ended up at How To Jailbreak iPhone 4 On iOS 4.2.1 | The Iphone Spot (sorry, cant post url as this is my first post here and it won't let me post link) which had this comment:

Run that new Greenpoisi0n with root access like this:
1: Open terminal, type sudo(space)
2: Then go to a finder window and goto the location you downloaded Greenpoisi0n RC5_2, open as "Show package contents" then goto MacOS, and drag "greenpoisi0n" into terminal.
3: make sure theres not an extra space after the file is placed into terminal, if there is; a simple backspace will take care of it.
4: Hit enter.

You are now running Greenpoisi0n in root. ...

When I did this I was able to watch the process details in the terminal window which stalled when it came to this line "Preparing to fetch DFU image from Apple's servers"

It could not fetch that because my Mac is not online! I live in a remote location and use the iPad to get online via MIWI! So, at least for me, my failed install might be related to this step. Though, I'm not sure why I was getting a completed message in my earlier attempts. I think it is assumed that everyone doing this jailbreak are online but it is not state as a requirement.

emtal233

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I got Greenpois0n to jailbreak. Restarted my iPhone, loader app was there, startd loader and it goes "loading sources" then I get an error that I must make sure I'm connected to the internet which I know for sure my connection is working properly

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods