Cyndia & Safari Crash On Every Reboot?

wilko3550

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
When i turn off my iPod Touch 4th Gen Version: 4.1.2, When i turn it back on cyndia and safari keep crashing. Every time i have to plug it back in and restore the downloaded firmware. Is there anyway to stop me having to plug it into my computer each time i want to use Safari or Cyndia or Installous?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Who's Cyndia? ;)

The nature of a tethered jailbreak means, at this time, there is no way to reboot without the phone being tethered...this is why so many of us are anxiously awaiting an untethered JB so we don't have to go through this irritation when installing big apps, making legitimate changes or just resetting the phone generally.

jackie treehorn

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
When i turn off my iPod Touch 4th Gen Version: 4.1.2, When i turn it back on cyndia and safari keep crashing. Every time i have to plug it back in and restore the downloaded firmware. Is there anyway to stop me having to plug it into my computer each time i want to use Safari or Cyndia or Installous?

Also, Do you require a computer to do it or can you run that boot mode straight from an Ipod Touch 4G?

I wouldn't mention Installous around here, frowned upon. Yes on a tethered jailbreak you have to have a computer handy and choose the just boot tethered option.

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
You need Redsn0w to fix this.

1: Get Redsn0w

2: Get your device firmware on felixbruns.com (Make sure that you save the firmware on your desktop!)

3: Extract Redsn0w

4: Open Redsn0w and push Browse to look for your device firmware

5: Select your device firmware

6: Push Next and uncheck all the boxes and ONLY check "Just Boot Tethered Now".

7: Push Next

8: Follow the directions to go into DFU mode

9: When you are at the part when you hold down the home button, hold it down until the Exploiting with Limera1n is done

10: Just wait until it's done

11: After that see if Safari and Cydia is working

12: Now you are done!

Push the Thank button if I helped you with something!

applecpugeek

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen