iAds in Homescreen

rslutes

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Just recently when I close down a free app that has iAds (i.e. Talkatone, Byline Free), the Ads stay on top of my Homescreen. I have an iPhone 4, iOS 4.2.1, Jailbroke.

Thanks for your help, its very frustrating.

gbrandme

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
iAds on homescreen

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

I am experiencing the same thing and cannot find info on it anywhere....

thank you

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Me to. I went into TextFree and an Apple test app showed up. I found a solution to that. You need to restart your SpringBoard or restart your iPhone or iPod Touch.

Martavious

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Just recently when I close down a free app that has iAds (i.e. Talkatone, Byline Free), the Ads stay on top of my Homescreen. I have an iPhone 4, iOS 4.2.1, Jailbroke.

Thanks for your help, its very frustrating.

I've had the same issue and it is very annoying to see an ad on my springboard that I spent so much time setting up. I thought it was maybe from LockInfo or biteSMS that I hadn't finished the trial use for but obviously not since it happened again today and I've now purchased them. Makes sense that it's a left over iAd but curious as it didn't happen until I JB my phone.

Respring is what I usually do to clear it but I did see that going into another app can clear it as well.

Burpethead

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately the iAd is from Talkatone. I believe it is part of the deal Talkatone had with AT&T to allow free voice calling. The only way to remove the ad is by uninstalling Talkatone. We jailbreakers are just now seeing this because iOS 4.2 introduced iAd support.

gbrandme

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
My iads appear on the homescreen after exiting any app that runs them. I don't use Talkatone. They do disappear on their own after approximately 10 seconds. Would love it if a fix, other than a restore, was found for this problem.

slumpbuster

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
happening to me too....

was going to post this yesterday but forgot. Been going on since I used greenpoison for 4.2.1

I should have kept my 4.1 jailbreak.......having quite a few issues with this one.

gbrandme

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
For reasons I don't fully understand, this problem has resolved itself for me. In trying to narrow down what happened... The only things I've done over the past couple of days include resetting network settings, unistalling firewallIP from Cydia, and updating iFile this morning. I have almost every major jailbroken app installed and so far no iAds on my homescreen.

Hopefully this proves helpful...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2